thirteen

"It's fine if you don't want to go on the double date." Jack says looking down at his notes. We have been sitting in my room for hours just mumbling to each other while he tried to help me.

"What makes you think I don't want to go?"

Believe me I didn't want to go but I didn't want him to think I didn't.

"I can tell. The way you looked at Ashton when he said it. I was surprise you didn't rip his head off."

"I'm just surprised he didn't get the hint." I whisper under my breath.

"You don't have to lie."

"I want to go. I can't wait. I'm actually quite excited. Ashton's taking us somewhere afterwards", I lie.

"Well Ashton and me have the same mindset then because I was taking my girlfriend out after this too."

I force a smile on my face. "That's great!"

I force myself to look away and turn back to my homework.

"So how are you and Ashton?"

"Great. Really great."

"Mmnh. The same like me and my girlfriend."

I roll my eyes. He's obviously trying to point something out and it's getting annoying.

"What?"

"Nothing." I huff. "When are we doing this double date thing? I was thinking since tomorrow is Friday we can just do it right after school." I wanted to get this over with as fast as possible.

"Yeah sounds fine."

"Okay well", I gather my things and shove it in my bag, "I think that's it for today. I'm really tired and I would like to get some sleep. Is your car fine?"

"Yeah." He does the same as me and shoves his things in his bags neatly. We are total complete opposites.

"I'll see you later, Gabby."

I give him a glare while he just walks off smirking. He's such a little fucker.

The next morning I wake up feeling awful. I felt a big lump in the back of my neck. I slouch my body to my to the bathroom as I get ready to brush my teeth.

Today was the day I was going to meet Jacks girlfriend. I really didn't know how I should feel about this. I know nothing more came out from what we did and I didn't want anything to happen. We were just fooling around. And I still feel guilty. I don't even know if Ashton and I are even a thing. I mean it seems like it but we never clarified anything. I hate thinking about all this.

I continue on my daily routine and pray that today will go by fast because I knew I wasn't in for a good ride.

(a/n: so yeah I updated. I actually had this ready I just needed to edit it and then post it so yeah. this is dedicated to this rad dude for being sweet and shit @meredith_price 💓)

- bri