twenty two

I feel like I don't say this a lot but I just wanted to thank you guys for everything that you do to voting and commenting on my books to actually reading them. I appreciate you all and just thanks for getting me to where I am now. Xxx

:::

I shift uncomfortably in my chair. Why couldn't Jack have said no? Why couldn't he just come up with a lie to leave?

My head hurts and I just want to go to sleep and my mother isn't helping this situation get any better. I sigh, planting my chin in my palm.

"Elbows off the table", my mother states as she walks in setting down the food.

I roll my eyes groaning but do exactly what she says.

I look over at to Jack seeing his eyes pinned on me. I shyly tear my eyes away and look down at my plate.

My mother finally brings out the last batch of food, setting it on the table.

"Finally", I huff quietly and watch as my mother take a seat.

She places her napkin on her lap before allowing everyone to dig in.

Ten minutes in, no one speaks and I'm getting more uncomfortable by the minute.

I play around with my food, scrapping my fork on the plate. I sigh. This is so boring. I just want this to end.

"So Jack", my mother breaks the silence, "what is your relationship towards my daughter?"

I choke on my food and quickly take a sip of my water. I look at my mom shocked. I turn to Jack seeing his eyes fall from me to my mother.

"You don't have to answer." I shake my head.

What is wrong with my mother?

"It's okay." He responds to me shaking his head before turning to my mom. He looks down. "Um Mrs.Gonzalez...you're daughter...s-she..our relation..we are..we are-"

"Mom can you not try to petrify our guest." I roll my eyes.

He coughs. "I like your daughter."

"I could tell from earlier." She scoffs.

"Mother."

She rolls her eyes and ignores me.

"What are your plans after high school, Jack?"

"Um I don't know actually. I'm just trying to make it out of high school."

"And your a senior?"

"Correct." He gulps.

I could tell she was judging but she doesn't say anything.

"Did you Gabrielle is going to Harvard?"

"Mother!"

"What? You are", she spits and I wanna hurt her.

"I've  applied already but I haven't got anything."

It was only the beginning of senior year. I didn't expect anything until May.

"I'm not going to get in anyways." I shrug.

"What do you mean your not going to? You are. You've work hard. This has been your goal from the start."

"Hardly." I whisper.

The rest of the dinner goes by quickly as we all sit silently waiting for the night to end.

"I'm sorry about my mom. I didn't know she was going to do that." I say as I walk him to the door.

"It's okay. Today's been a long day."

"Yeah it has."

Jack shifts and I can tell he's out of words and honestly so am I. This night has been an total embarrassment.

He shoves his hands in his pockets and I tug loose hair behind my ear.

"Well I guess goodbye."

"Yeah goodbye", he say deeply staring at me intensely before turning around and leaving.

I close the door and pin my back against it, hitting my head against the wood. Gosh. What a night?

Just as I'm about the head upstairs, the doorbell rings. It must be Jack. He must of forgot something.

I open the door and I'm greeted by Jack. "Did you forget something?"

"Yeah", he breaths. "I did."

He presses his lips against mine and I freeze before relaxing and deepening the kiss. His fingers loop into my pants, pulling my closer to him.

We break apart and he rest his forehead against mine, our chest beating rapidly.

"Thank you."

"Your welcome." I smile with closed eyes.

He break apart and he smiles.

"Goodbye Gabby."

"Bye Jack."

AN- hello you guys. How has your day been going? Mine is been such a drag. Gosh. But I've been talking to this guy and I hate him. He makes me blush so much. But anyways to new things I made a Matthew Espinosa book called 20 so if your into that pls check it out vote, give me your opinion on it or don't. It's what you want. Also double update today so look forward to that. Well that's really it. I'm so tired. I need sleep. But on the brighter side, I made $60 dollars today at work so I can go shopping at forever 21. Yay!

sc: beautiful_bry

sc: beautiful_bry

- bri xxx