five

I sat in class lost in my thought playing with a piece of my hair as the teacher wrote something down that I was no longer trying to pay attention in.

I had been thinking about Jack and what had happened earlier and why was he late? My locker wasn't right by the door but it was couple down. If I made it in time he should of too. Maybe he went to the bathroom, either way he was still late and emotionless.

"Alright the bell is about to ring but before you all leave, I have homework."

The class groans but Mrs. Smith, my teacher, continues anyways. "It's not that much all you have to do is the evens. We'll do the rest of odds in class."

The papers got past back row by row and I just end up shoving it in my bag knowing I was most likely going to forget to do it.

The bell finally rang and I shoved the rest of my belongings in my bag, zipping it up and throwing it over my shoulders.

I watch as Jack slides past me to his locker not even saying excuse me for pushing me a little. He was being so childish. I didn't understand why he was so mad.

I walk to my locker wondering if I should go over there and talk to him. We had a tutoring session today but how things were going, I'm sure if he was going to show up. We usual did it right after school and now school is over.

I empty out the little things in my locker making my bag less heavy and close it, walking straight to Jacks locker right afterwards.

"Are you going to show up today cause if not then I don't want to waste my time waiting for you?"

He doesn't look at me. In fact he ignores me as he continues shoving things into his bag and locker.

I wait a couple more seconds for a response before I roll my eyes and throw my hands up in the air dramatically. I huff and stomp away. He was acting like a child. He honestly needed to get over it. It wasn't a big deal.

I walk outside to my car leaving him behind. I don't need his help. I could easily ask someone else. Maybe I could ask Ashton since I'm always talking to him.

Ashton was the type of person who would help even if he didn't know what he was doing. Only because he wanted to help you. He was a kind person. He was very goofy and I liked talking to him.

He was also a big music person. That boy could talk endless about music. He was so passionate about it and I found it very cute. Ashton was just a tall blonde curly haired boy who happened to have a big heart (and big hands).

All the girls wanted him and I could understand why. He was just so–

"Hey", Ashton speaks breaking out of my thoughts. 

I smile, blushing and a little shocked that I was just thinking about him and here he was, standing before me. "Hi", I say shyly.

"Going home? Or do you have plans?" He's said referring to keys of my car that were dangling in my hand.

"Oh, I'm just going home. I was suppose to get tutored today but I guess he isn't coming."

"What's is it in? Maybe I could help", he smile cheerfully.

"Thank you but you don't have to, really. I'm sure you have other things you have to do or rather be doing." I push a piece of hair behind my ear.

"No I would love to. Come on", he nudges me playfully. "Plus I get to know you more."

I blush lightly looking down at the floor.

"So tell me, what is it in?"

"It's math. Mrs.Smith class."

"Ah, I see", he says nodding his head. "Well we can go to my place. It's quiet there and I don't think my parents are home. You would have to follow me though if that's okay, since you have your car and I have mine if your not–"

"That's okay."

I turn around and to my surprise see Jack with his bag around his shoulder.

"I'm tutoring her."

"I thought you weren't coming?" I say quickly curious to when he even got here.

"I had to get something real quick", he says dismissing me and looking at Ashton.

"Oh", Ashton says awkwardly shoving his hands in his pockets. "Well then, I should get going then, yeah? I'll see you later Gabs."

"It's Gabrielle", Jack say harshly and I quickly nudge him for being so rude.

Ashton looks at me and then him. "Well I'll see you guys later. Bye."

I watched as Ashton walks off to his car and I swiftly turn around to look at Jack who's already waiting by my car.

"Are we doing this or what?" He huffs.

I look at him and nod my head as I grab open the door and turn on the engine driving to my house.

-

(a/n : Merry Christmas guys! There's something about Christmas that I just love so much. Maybe it's the smell of cinnamon (yum!) or maybe is the awesome Christmas music I find myself listening to until the end of May. Lol. I love you guys so much and hope you each are having the best Christmas. Stay safe and best regards. Much love, xxxx🎅🏻🎄❤️ and have fa la la la la la la la la la Christmas)

- Bryanna