seven

I haven't seen Jack over at my place for a week. After that whole big fight, he doesn't even acknowledge me in the hallways or the classes we have together.

Part of me feels guilty but then I remind myself, for what? I didn't do anything wrong. I wasn't at fault.

I skim through my lockers, taking my books out quickly before I'm late to class.

This is childish. He's being such a baby.

I watch as he walks out his classroom to his locker, throwing his things inside.

I march up to him standing by his locker.

"Why haven't you texted me?"

He doesn't look at me. Instead he shrugs his shoulders.

"Why do you care so much?"

"I don't!" I answer quickly.

I could care less about Jack and what he did but I needed him to be able to pass my class. Without him I was screwed.

"What are you guys doing out of class? You know the bell rang already." Ashton says startling me.

Shit. I was too busy with being angry with Jack that I'm going to be late to class.

"What class are you going to?"

"Math." I huff. I really didn't want to go.

"Want to skip with me?" Ashton offers.

I haven't skipped before and although it did sound indeed intriguing, I didn't want to get caught.

"I don't know." I say uneasily.

I could get in trouble and my mom would kill me. But it's with Ashton. The guy who've I liked since fetus ages.

"Are you really considering going with this douche", Jack whispers close enough to my ear for Ashton unable to hear.

"I'm not going to force you in anything you don't want to do."

"I want to go." I bite my lip.

"You sure? You can stay."

"Are you serious", Jack replies and I ignore him.

"Yeah I'm fine. Besides there's nothing important here."

At last moment I look back at Jack, but I didn't care. I needed this time with Ashton. I take one look at him while I walk off hand in hand with Ashton. I knew Jack was watching me but I ignored the fact. We walked together out the back doors of the school.

(a/n: gotta zayn. thoughts on zayn?? his new song, pillow talk. wow. Harry styles. 22. i don't know how to feel about this.)

- bri