twenty three

"I don't like him." My mother walks in and I shut the door behind me. "I don't want you seeing him."

"You don't even know him." I shake my head.

"I don't have to. He's not your type Gabrielle. You can do so much better. Your wasting your time. Stop playing with little boys and find a real man."

My blood boils and I want to scream. She knows nothing about Jack. How can she dislike him yet know nothing?

"You know nothing about Jack. He's a good guy. He's great. I like him. Isn't that enough?"

"Gabrielle, he has no future. He has no plan after high school. You want to spend your life with someone who has no plans, who has no future after them?"

"A lot of kids don't know what they're doing after high school! It's not that of a big deal."

"It's a huge deal! That's they're whole life ahead of them. I will not have that. Not in this house hold and certainly  not someone who's going to have a relationship with my daughter."

"You liked him before. Why don't you like him now?"

"That was different. He was helping you for those days you missed in school. He was tutoring you."

I roll my eyes, crossing my arms. "Your being ridiculous."

"I'm not, Gabrielle. If you weren't so caught up slutting it up, you would realize that I'm right and do the right thing."

My blood boils once again and I can't stop myself from exploding out.

"Is that why dad left? Because he couldn't handle your nonsense."

A shocked expression crosses her face before turning red"Go to your room, your grounded."

"Why because you can't handle the truth? I will be eighteen in a couple of months and then I don't have to listen to you anymore."

I stomp up to my room and slam my door shut.

I'm sick of her judging everything that walks in her eye distance. It isn't fair. I don't want to be here.

I grab my phone from my dresser and call Jack.

"Gabrielle?" His raspy voice answers and my stomach flutters.

"Hey what are you doing?"

"Well I was sleeping", he chuckles.

"Good you weren't doing anything important. Can you come and get me?"

"Um yeah. Not that I don't enjoy your company but may I ask why?"

"My mom."

He chuckles before saying, "I'm on my way."

"Wait Jack!"

"Yeah?"

"Can you like..not park outside my home. Also don't come through the front door. Go to my window."

"Well if you wanted us lowkey baby, you couldn't just said so." He teases.

"Its for my mom, so she doesn't know."

"I'll be there in a few."

"Okay thanks."

I hang and flop my head on my bed waiting for Jack.

哈喽

I wake up to the sound of pennies getting thrown at my window.

I walk throughly over seeing Jack giving off his signature smile.

"It's about time. Rapunzel Rapunzel let down you hair."

I laugh. "How long have you been doing this?"

"Not long."

"Why are throwing pennies?"

"Do you see any rocks around? What took you so long."

"I fell asleep", I blush.

I take a step out my window and look down at Jack.

"Do you need me to catch you?

"No I got it." I shake my head and try maintaining my balance heading out my window. I shut it behind me before slowly arching my body down.

I'm not gonna lie. I'm a little scared considering I'm terrified of heights.

"Gabs."

"I got it." I slide my body down slowly before coming to the edge. I look down. Oh god. My heart is beating fast. It's not that big of a deal.

I watch as Jack smirks walking closer to me.

"What's wrong? You scared?"

"No."

"Then come down."

I look down again before sighing and closing my eyes and jumping.

Jack hands wrap around my waist before I hit the ground, catching me.

I melt at his touch and goose bumps form all over my body.

His fingers linger there before he pulls away leaving me flustered.

"You ready to go?"

"Yeah." He takes my hand and together we leave the house holding me from happiness.

AN- updating tomorrow. Hope you guys have a wonderful night/day. Okay well I have nothing really. Check out my new Matthew Espinosa book called 20. Vote, comment your opinions pls and thank u. Thank you for everything. Xxx

sc: beautiful_bry

sc: beautiful_bry

- bri