nine

"You know I'm cable of walking on my own. What are you even doing here?" I say breaking the silence.

"I was around."

"Around? Doing what?"

"Stuff. Stop asking so many questions."

I huff, watching the warmth of my breath turn into fog.

We walk further down the street of New York coming closer to my house.

"You really don't have to do this, you know. I can walk home by myself really."

He shrugs. "It's fine. It's on my way anyways."

I know he's lying. I have seen his route too many times to know that this is just another stop in his way.

Silence takes over and questions form in my head.

"Why haven't you contacted me?" I blurt out. I have been thinking about it a lot. He could have just given me a simple call or text.

I look over, watching his face not change. He shrugs his shoulders. "I've been busy."

"Doing what?"

"Hanging out with my girlfriend."

Oh.

"You have a girlfriend?"

"That's what I said, didn't I?"

"Your lying."

"Why would I lie over something so small like this?"

I bite my lip and tug a piece of hair behind my ear crossing my arms. I look away from Jack and continue to walk.

He pulls my arm, tugging me towards him.

"What's wrong?"

"What? Nothing's wrong." I shrug my shoulder.

"Doesn't seem like it."

"Well I am", I snap.

I rip my arm from him and continue to walk off.

Finally we make it to my house as we both walk up the driveway, still not saying a word to each other.

He walks me up to my porch and I turn to him.

"Thank you for walking me."

"It was really no problem."

I look down, not knowing what to say next. I fiddle with my fingers before looking up at Jack seeing his eyes glued to me.

I tip on my toes and fall back, crossing my arms. "Well, thank you again and goodbye Jack."

I open my door and turn around watching Jack walk off, continuing down the road.

I enter the house closing the door behind me.

I head to my room ready to pass out from today's events.

I throw on a long sleeve navy shirt and slide off my pants, leaving me in my underwear. I grab my grey socks and place them on my feet, yawning in the process.

I turn off the light and attempt to fall asleep but I can't. I didn't know Jack had a girlfriend. I really could care less but it's the fact that he has one and I never knew about her.

He must not see her in school.

I hear rustling in the bushes by my doors and I pop my head up.

Is someone there?

I quickly pad my feet against the floor, tip toeing my way towards the sliding doors. I open it up meeting brown eyes.

"Jack?"

"Nice underwear." He smirks.

My face turns red and I quickly grab a blanket and cover myself up.

"What do you want?" I snap.

"Lets study."

"Now? Don't you think it's a little to late?"

"Who cares?" He scoffs, walking past me.

"Can't you ask someone else?" I roll my eyes.

It was almost twelve and I was tired and ready for bed.

"No." He looks me up and down my stomach falls down to my ass.

"Stop doing that!"

"Stop doing what?" Jack answers alarmed.

"Looking at me like that", I state shyly. I felt like a piece of meat at the market.

He chuckles an I playfully roll my eyes.

He steps closer to me and I back up further, numbing unit my chair.

Jack smirks grins and he takes a step closer.

"Stop that!" I yell taking another step back.

"Stop what?" He falsely asks innocently

"You know what." I back up into my desk, not being able to go anywhere.

"No, no I don't." He meets me, leaving little spacing.

He lifts my chin up and examines me.

"I've never notice the freckles you have on your face." He blurts out randomly.

I don't say anything but look back at his face.

He really was attractive. His face was sculpted perfectly in every angle. Of course I would never admit that I him.

I pause to look at him before leaning in and pulling him towards me.

Our lips crash together and we get lost in each others embrace.

We walk backwards towards the bed where we both collapse. I run my hands smoothly through his shirt eventually lifting it above his head. He does the same for me.

(a/n: 5sos are like awkward embarrassing dads lol i luv itt. michaels hair tho. woah it's a-okay. cute like Luke's hairs right now. im getting mixed emotions. we're getting a taste of fetus Luke. what r u doing to me like stop.)

- bri