seventeen

"What's wrong babe?" Ashton's whispers softly into my ear. We were sitting in his car waiting for us to get our food from Moe's and drive back to school.

Ever since the fight with Jack, I haven't talk to him for these last couple of days.

"Nothing." I smile. "Everything fine."

I didn't feel like spilling all my problems on Ashton. Especially because they were about Jack. I didn't want him to think anything of it.

I wasn't mad at Jack anymore. In fact I was completely over it. But it was still completely awkward to talk to him. The tension was still there.

Ashton lets it go, turning around to drive forward. He places his hand on my thigh and I huff looking out the window.

I watch as we inch towards the school that I didn't want to be in.

We pull in the parking lot and all I could think about was Jack. I would see him today.

I huff as we come to a stop, unbuckling myself. I open up the door an step out gathering my stuff.

I turn to look at Ashton who is already making his way towards me.

"I see you a later?"

"Yeah."

He kisses my forehead before we both part ways.

I head to my locker not bothering to make eye contact with anybody.

"Are you seriously going to ignore me."

Jack head pops his into my locker. I don't bother speaking. I know I said I'm over it and I am but I'm still a little pissed.

The silence defeats him as he throws his hand up in exasperation.

A few minutes later he speaks again. "How was I suppose to know?"

I huff. "Jack I'm not mad at you."

"Your not? I thought you were?"

"I was but I got over it." I huff.

It was stupid to hold on to something that wasn't even there.

"So are we good?"

"Yeah. We're good." I roll my eyes, closing my locker.

I head to class with Jack following right behind.

"Why aren't you talking to me?"

I take a deep breath in before responding. "Because there's nothing to talk about. I'm sorry your acting like a lost puppy."

"Fuck you, Gabrielle." He punches the locker before storming off.

He can't be mad at me. He's acting like a baby. Not bothering to care I continue with my day and walk to class leaving the tension to linger in the air and in the pit of my stomach.

(a/n: sorry took so long had a bit of writers block and I've been working on my book daddy (which if u haven't, u should totally check it out) but the next chapter im working on now and it's going to be lit and smutty unless u don't want it to be. idk. so im 7 followers away from 1k and i don't even know y but i just wanted to say thank u so much for everything. i am more than grateful. wanna know u guys better so what are your names??)

 wanna know u guys better so what are your names??)

sc: beautiful_bry

- bri ♡