Chapter 21

"You want hot chocolate, right?" Cody asked. "Yeah.." I responded. Cody nods "I knew it! I remembered! I only remember because when we first met we went to a coffee shop." I laughed "Yeah, I'm not a big fan of coffee." Cody hands me a plate of waffles, sausage, scrambled eggs, and bacon with a cup of hot chocolate. "Thanks noodle.. I didn't know you can cook," I chuckled. He shrugs "I'm not a professional." "Well at least you can cook, I once left toast in the toaster for a while and I almost sat the house on fire." Cody begins laughing hard "Really? What the fuck! How?" "I got distracted talking to my mom and I smelt something burning." He shakes his head "Wow, well after we eat let's go to the hospital." "Alright.." I say while taking a sip of my hot chocolate.

"So nothing's wrong with the baby luckily," the doctor said. "Oh my god. I don't know what I would do if something was wrong," I said. "I know I would kick Zach's ass that's for sure," Cody says crossing his arms. I laughed "Thanks for being protective noodle." "You should probably report the guy that attacked you to the police," the doctor told me. I nodded "Yeah.. your right," I mumbled.

      I had just called the police about Zach trying to rape me and they said that they're going to arrest him for sexual assault. Cody had dropped me off at my house and I realized my mom was home. I decided that I should tell her about what happened. I was nervous and scared about how she would react. I didn't wanna break down crying, I had already cried all day yesterday. My eyes are all red and puffy from crying. My mom was laying down on the couch watching tv. "Mom.." My mom gasped "What the hell happened to your eye?!" I had forgotten about my black eye, I tried not remembering because flashbacks would come back "I have to tell you something that happened yesterday," I tried holding in the tears. "What is it?" I took a deep breathe and began telling her the story about what happened.

After, I was done finishing I was sobbing and she was heartbroken. I took a deep breathe and she hugged me. "I'm so sorry.. I should have been there for you. This is all my fault," she said while tears rolled down her face. "It's not your fault.. and you are there for me." "Is the man arrested? I don't want that sick person around here!" My mom says, I nod in response. "Have you told Oliver?" She asked. I shook my head "No.. I should right now. I mean.. after all. He is the father." She nods "Yeah, go call him."

   I went up stairs to my room and grabbed my phone, calling his phone. The phone answered and I heard his mom Carol "Oh hey honey, Oliver isn't here." I was confused, what does she mean he's not here. "Where's Oliver?" She sighed "He's in rehab, sweetie." My heart dropped, was this because of me? I just needed to know what was happening with my Oli. "Wha-what why..?" I asked. "It's best If he talks to you about it. Do you want me to pick you up and I could drop you off over there?" I quickly answered without thinking "Yes please!" "Okay, I'll see you in 5 minutes."

"Mom, Oliver is in rehab.." I stayed quiet. She frowned "How do you know?" "I just called and his mom answered saying he's in rehab. I'm going to see him." She nods "Alright.. be careful. And make the right choices. Oliver loves you." I smiled "I know." I heard a honk and I saw Oliver's mom outside.

I quickly entered her car "Is Oliver doing okay?" I asked. "He just got there around 2 days ago, and I hope." "I know Oli will do alright. He went to rehab before, he's strong." Carol smiled weakly at me "No wonder Oliver loves you. Your so sweet and supportive." I smiled weakly back at her "I messed up though. I should have just forgave him." "I don't know what happened between you guys but just know it'll get better. And you should know that Oliver just.. can't stand being away from you."

"He's in this room," Carol tells me pointing to a door. I slowly opened the door to see Oliver sitting by the window with his head against the window. He turns and looks at me, causing his eyes to widen "MaryJane..?" I bit down on my lip holding in the tears "I'm so sorry Oliver.." He looks down "You have nothing to be sorry about. This is all my fault, I made a big mistake. And what the fuck happened to your eye baby? Who did this?" I walk over to the window and sit next to Oliver. "I forgive you Oliver. It was a mistake. I understand, we all make mistakes. And I have something to tell you.." He gives me a confused look "What is it love?" "I-I almost got raped.."

     His expression quickly changes, he looked angry and upset "Who tried raping you?!" I began tearing up "A guy named Zach.. I met him at the bar. I thought we could just be friends.. but he took me to the movies and tried putting his hand under my shirt. Then, he texted me saying sorry and I told him to leave me alone." Then I told Oliver the rest of the story. And about how Cody saved me, then took me to the hospital. "IM GONNA KILL THAT CUNT!" Oliver yelled throwing a punch at the wall. Which caused me to jump back "Oli..." I whispered while tears were streaming down my face.

    Oliver came closer to me, grabbed my cheek looking at my eye. Then, he wrapped his arms around me. After a while, we both just stood there hugging for a couple of minutes. I could hear Oliver crying "I'm sorry I wasn't there, I should have fucking been there. But I'm here just because I'm a pathetic addict.. I'm just glad you and the baby are okay. I would go insane if you guys were gone.. but is that fucker getting arrested?" He asked. "If he isn't I will find him and kill him myself," Oliver added. I nodded "Yeah he got arrested. And Oliver relax.. he's gone now." Oli shook his head "I can't relax! Especially knowing you almost got raped, and I wasn't there to protect you!" I stood quiet, I mean there wasn't much to say. Oliver was right. I wouldn't be able to relax if I was him. "Do you realize how that makes me feel? Knowing that I can't protect you! I feel useless and weak! I want to be there for you, and protect our precious baby and you! But I can't because I wasn't even there to protect you from that guy! What if I can't protect you next time? It might end badly, and I don't want you to be hurt. Especially just because I can't protect you!" Oliver said weakly.

        I shook my head and tears were streaming down my cheek. I wrapped my arms around Oliver "Your not useless or weak.. you'll be able to protect us. And you've protected me before.. remember at the party? You protected me from that guy, that was trying to dance and sleep with me. And you've practically saved my life Oliver.. that's something much more. You helped me stop cutting and you were always there when I was going through tough shit. I can't thank you enough. But, just know that you've always protected me. And that I love you so much," I sniffled. Oliver breaks the hug and looks me in the eyes "I love you so fucking much.. and I'm going to protect you. Forever and always. And love, you still look gorgeous with or without that black eye." I smiled weakly and Oliver pressed his lips against mine. It was true, everything I said. Oliver did really save my life. I can't thank him enough for being the best boyfriend and being there for me through the toughest shit.

     I changed the subject and asked Oliver "Why are you here?" Oliver sighed "I started again. I didn't see the point. I thought you weren't gonna be with me anymore and take the child away from me.. I wanna spend my life with you. I hope you realize that. I would do anything for you and to support this family. I'm sorry for fucking up so badly. But I promise I won't do anything ever stupid again. I promise that I'll quit," Oliver says holding my hand. I start tearing up "You have the band and your fans. You won't loose the baby and me. I would never do that to you, I want this baby to be with its father." "Promise me you'll be here for me?" Oliver told me. "Of course I'll be here. I need to help and support you going through this tough time." He nods "I promise I'll be there for you, I'll protect you baby girl."

     I look down on Oliver's wrist and saw fresh cuts. My heart drops "You.. why did you hurt yourself again?" He looks down "I'm sorry.. I broke the promise. I told you, I'm gonna try quitting, forgive me?" I press my lips against Oli's "Yes I forgive you," I smiled and wrapped my arms around Oliver.