Chapter 44

I've been thinking and deciding if I should buy the ring, to propose to MaryJane. I'm just nervous and scared if she'll say no. Just me imagining hearing those words "No.. I'm sorry. I can't," breaks my heart in little pieces. After over thinking about all of this I decided to call one of the mates that's close with MaryJane which is, Jordan.

    "What do you want oli-," I cut Jordan's voice off. "I'm nervous Jordan.. what if she says no.. I'd be so embarrassed," I say nervously on the phone pacing back and fourth in the room. I heard Jordan chuckle on the phone "Chill out Oliver.. You haven't even bought the ring yet. And she won't reject you, you wanker. She loves you to death. Especially through the shit you put her through, I don't know why you're overthinking all of this mate." "Because I want to spend the rest of my life with this beautiful girl.. but I don't know if she's ready for that big step and being called Mrs. Sykes," I responded. "I just say fuck it. If she says no she still loves you either way. And don't worry mate I promise she'll say yes," Jordan said in a serious tone. I took a deep breathe "Alright thanks mate." Then I ended the call with Jordan.

    After having that phone call I had felt a little less nervous. I kept telling myself in my head over and over to stop over thinking and doubting myself. But finally I decided to go and buy the ring right now. I walked out of the bedroom and went to find MaryJane, and of course I found her in the kitchen. "Hey babe, I'm gonna go hang out with the band mates. I'll see you in a bit alright?" I told MaryJane while wrapping my arms around her waist. She nods and yawns "Alright, well I'm really tired. I'll see you in a bit. Have fun Syko." I pecked her cheek and grabbed my car keys off of the counter.

    While I was at the mall to find an engagement ring I thought of the perfect way to propose. I just had to set up the dinner, and take her to a special place. "Sir? Do you need any help?" My thoughts were interrupted by an employee. I shook the thoughts and responded quickly "Oh.. Uh.. Yeah. I need help finding a ring for my girl friend." She nods and asked "What kind of rings does she like? Is there a specific ring?" "Erm.. Well.. She likes really simple but nice jewelry. Not really in love with jewelry that has a lot of design stuff on it," I responded while scratching my hand.

    I was getting anxious picking the rings because what if I got a ring that she doesn't like? But it's the thought that counts right? "How about this?" The women asked showing me a ring with a diamond heart. "I was thinking about just getting a ring with a basic diamond on it, you know?" I say looking at the rings. While, I was observing all the shiny bright diamond rings, one had caught my eye. I looked closer at the ring "Can you show me that ring?" I asked pointing to it. "Sure," then the women took out the ring out of the glass case.

    She passed me the ring, and I observed the details of it. The ring had several diamonds around it, two small diamonds, and one large diamond in between the other two "This ones perfect," I said smiling. She nods and we began paying for the ring. Which costed a lot, but I'd buy it for MaryJane. It's worth it. "Your girlfriend is gonna love it," the women said chuckling and handing me the engagement ring in the box.

    Before I was going to go back home, I decided to go to Jordan's house and show him the ring. When I arrived at his house I knocked on the wooden door. Seconds later he had opened it "What's going on mate?" He asked. I took a deep breath and smiled "I got the ring." Then, I pulled the engagement box out of my pocket and showed him the diamond ring. "That's really fucking nice mate.. I know she'll love it," Jordan said looking at the ring and passing it back to me "When do you plan on proposing?" He added. I plopped down on his couch and kicked off my shoes "Maybe tomorrow. I already have a plan on how I'm going to propose." "Really? That's good. Where is she right now exactly?" Jordan asked. I stood quiet and thought about it "I think she's taking a nap right now. She said she was tired.. so I guess she's napping." He nods "Should I order pizza? We can eat and watch a movie." "Yeah let's do that."