Chapter 1 - Beginning Life/ Childhood

This story starts with a curious case of human evolution where genes are mixed to create a life in reverse. My name is Evelina De Creusa and this is my story of how I live and die. I started my life as an old woman who lived in a retirement home after being found by the local authorities of America on the streets of Seattle. However because I looked old, people assumed that I was but I will tell you now that I woke up one day as an old woman. I was taken to the local care home where I was taken in by a lady called Melody. She cared for me and brought me up. There is one thing I will always remember is that Melody had the blondest hair I have ever seen, well she was the first person who I saw, her hair was frizzy too. I had to learn to walk like any toddler but it was difficult as I did not look like any toddler, I was older. When people asked Melody how old I was she would tell them I was only 4 but they did not believe her because of my looks. Melody was kind and caring but most of all patient and when I did something wrong she would never raise her voice or get mad, it was as though she had seen so many things in her life that everything else seemed small. She told me one day that there was a man known as the Doctor who took her to see the stars and to fight aliens, as she told me the stories I longed to see the stars travelling the universe. Melody also taught others not to look at a person on the outside but to get to know them before making a decision that they may regret later on.

As I grew up into a child, I realized that life was full of possibilities and started questioning the meaning of my life. It was not just the developmental stages of my life and mind that where changing, it was my body, it was going backwards, no wrinkles and I felt different in myself, I felt younger. I had to be home taught but I did not mind as school would end for lunch and I spent the rest of my afternoon sitting listening to the other residents talking about their life and how I had the rest of mine to explore who I wanted to be. I was a dreamer of far flung adventures and hope but this was who I was going to be and nothing was going to change that.

This was the beginning of a long adventure that I was happy to explore. Life teaches different things and even now as I write these chapters of my life, I look back and I do not regret the choices and decisions I made, even if Melody did not agree, she was always around if I needed her. I just hope that for all of you who read these chapters, at least learn something from the experiences I had.

If there is something I wish for all of you to take from this first chapter is to remember to take someone at face value before judging as many did to me.