Chapter Eighteen - Torchwood Rises Again!!!

It has been months since I married the Doctor but in that time Cardiff has been in turmoil! We have been struggling to contain aliens since Torchwood was disbanded 4 years ago by Mark ( head of Torchwood).  Aliens have been taking humans hostage and we have been struggling to keep aliens of the street because we are running on half capacity. Our base has been an old warehouse and that doesn't even have the right containment facility, that why we need our old base at least there we were able to keep them contained securely! This is driving me mad, something needs to be done about it! So this is what I did!

I took the train to London to confront Mark about the situation we were in. I arrived at Paddington station and took a bus to Torchwood HQ in London. Once there I went inside only to be confronted by the security guard that helped the Doctor and I when the cyber men attacked.
"Miss Harkness- Jones, you should not be here!"
"Actually I do ! I need to speak to Mark about Torchwood Cardiff!"
He thought about it for a minute before allowing me in, he guided me to Marks office where I knocked and waited. After a few minutes Mark answered the door.
"Evie what are you doing here!"
"Need to talk to you about Cardiff and Torchwood"
"You better come in then"
I walked inside and it was a mess, books and  papers scattered everywhere.
"Mark how can you work like this!"
"I had meant for it to be cleaned up but never got around to doing it!"
"How about I help you clean it up and we talk at the same time!
"I think that would be a great idea"

So we both got to work on cleaning up his office.
"Mark, since Torchwood was disbanded 4 years ago, Cardiff has be in turmoil. Aliens have been taking humans hostage and we do not have the capacity to contain the ones that go rogue!"
"This does present a big problem. When I gave the order to disband Torchwood Three I had no idea of the problems it would cause! I am so sorry Evie"
"We all make mistakes but you can fix this"
As I was tiding the paper on the desk, a piece of paper fell on the floor, I bent to pick it up. I read it and was shocked by what I saw, it was Marks resignation letter.
"Mark what is this?"
"My resignation letter. I am leaving Torchwood for good."
"Why?"
"I want a quiet life for once, no aliens and no paperwork. I am getting to old for this!"
"I was starting to like you! Who will take over your role?"
"That what I was wondering but I think I know who would be great for the job."

Time Skip

After cleaning Marks office, I headed back to Cardiff in a black SUV, courtesy of Mark! When I got back, the team were outside the hub, I got out and the Doctor approached me.
"Evie where have you been, we have all been worried sick!"
"I went to talk to Mark about our situation and he has agreed to reinstate Torchwood Cardiff."
We all headed down to the hub, to start work again but before we could we had to clean up. The hub had be left in a hurry, so everything was the same apart from the thick layer of dust covering the computers and the floor.

Once everything was cleaned up, computer were restarted and everyone went back to work as normal. A few minutes later we received a message from Torchwood London, it was Mark.
" Torchwood Cardiff, it is nice to see you up and running again. I wanted to let you know that Torchwood Two are coming to help with the containment of aliens, they should be with you in an hour or so. I also wanted to let you know that I am leaving Torchwood for good and handing roles over"
"To who?" This was the Doctor who spoke.
"That Doctor is a good question. After a lot of consideration I am handing roles over to Evie"
Everyone looked at me and I felt a bit intimidated.
"I had no idea he was going to do that!"
"Evie you have shown enough leadership to take over the role. You can work from Cardiff as this is easier for you. Jack will still be Captain of Cardiff."

I was shocked to say the least at Mark decision but he had his reasons for leaving. He thought I was good enough to take over Torchwood and that was fine with me! Just because I had a new job, it didn't mean I was going to change because I wasn't. I am still the same Evie! Once Mark had hung up, Jack turned to me and smiled.
"So this means you are going to have to share an office with your dad. Do you mind?"
"Not at all. You can still call me Evie on unofficially business but officially you will have to call me Ma'am" Hehe, I will have to get used to that but I am excited as I am officially head of Torchwood.

Who knew a girl from Seattle with a birth defect would grow up to become head of Torchwood. Anything could happen! It just proves that time is progressive not subjective and reason to change. Your future is what you make it, not defined by your past or others but defined by you and only you! If you put your mind, heart and soul into things then, big things happen.