Chapter 17 -United As One

The last several months since the Doctor proposed has been busy! Today is the day I am going to be married to the Doctor. I am sat in my room thinking about the last several years even months and what my future has in store, when a knock on the door interrupts my thoughts.
"Come In!" The person on the other side came in, I turned around and saw Gwen standing by the door.
"What is the matter Gwen?"
"Nothing. Can I give you a hand as the boys have got things covered at the hub"
"Sure, I could use the help anyway!"
Gwen and I spent the next few minutes talking about my future but also what had happened to Torchwood in the last month or so.
"Evie how do you want your hair!"
"I would like it down but with a plait across the top"
"Ok no problem!" So Gwen spent 10 minutes getting my hair into a neat ornate plait, once she was done Gwen started on my make-up. After she finished I looked in the mirror, my hair was braided with flowers laced through it and my make-up was applied lightly, the way the Doctor likes it.
"Gwen I am really nervous."
"I understand how you feel I was like this on my wedding day, but you will be fine, soon to be Mrs Doctor!"
"Haha!" We both started laughing and I could not stop laughing!
"Gwen stop it I am going to smudge my make-up if I don't stop laughing!"
"See that made you laugh! Evie time to put on the dress!"
Gwen helped me into my dress and I turned to look in the mirror next to me, what I saw was stunning. My dress was floor length with white crystals sown into the waist band, my veil came down to the floor as well.
"Evie if you feel nervous think of something that makes you happy and you will be fine!"

There was another knock at the door and Gwen went to open it, in doorway was Ianto, my pa.
"Is it Ok for me to come in?"
"Yes of course it is"
Pa came in and waited for me to get my flowers, I was about to go when pa stopped me.
"You need something old and blue. Here this was your grandmothers" Ianto handed me a locket which was on a silver chain, I opened it
"The pictures inside are of all of us as a family on one side and the other side is a picture of yourself and the Doctor. We will always be with you when you wear the locket. Finally something blue." Pa handed me a bracelet with sapphires on it, he put it around my wrist and then it was time to go.

Pa led me out to the black SUV used for Torchwood missions, it had white ribbon attached to it, pa helped me into the back, he soon followed and Gwen sat in the passenger seat. A couple of minutes later we arrived and I was led to an entrance of the hub that was not used before. The cog doors were open but above them were white and blue fairy lights, inside were seats out making a makeshift aisle in the middle. At the end was the Doctor in a black suit with a blue bow tie, next to the Doctor was my father as his best man and the priest was stood in the middle of the hub.
"Ready Evie"
"As I will ever be!" Gwen went first then it was myself and pa. The music began and pa linked my arm with his and led me down the aisle at a steady pace which was in time to the music.

I finally reached the Doctor and I could not stop smiling, neither could he! Pa handed me over to the Doctor and the minster began the ceremony

"We are gathered here today to witness the union of the Doctor and Evie. You all may be seated. Marriage is a commitment for life and these two have chosen to spend their lives together as one. Doctor repeat after me; I Doctor have chosen to spend the rest of my regenerations with Evie, through sickness and in health, for better or for worse, for richer and for poorer until creation freeze and burn"

" I Doctor have chosen to spend the rest of my regenerations with Evie, through sickness and in health, for better or for worse, for richer and for poorer until creation freeze and burn"

"Evie repeat after me; I Evie have chosen to spend eternity with you Doctor. Through sickness and in health, for richer and for poorer, for better and for the worse until all creations freeze and burn"