Chapter 9 - One Last Visit

In chapter 6 I mentioned that visiting Davros was one of many to follow but in this chapter we visit Davros one last time. This is where he told me of what he had done but he had added something special for me to remember.

I remember it being one of the friendly visits we did to see Davros, to see how he was progressing. The TARDIS had landed in Davros' sitting room but rather than the bright glow of a blazing fire, we were meet by a cold room with a greyish hue to it adding an eerie feeling to the once warm room. I wondered why he was not here when a knock on the door to the sitting room interrupted me from my thoughts, I went to answering expecting to see the man himself but I was met by a girl in her teens with black hair and the same mark that Davros had.
"Miss Evie, I am Georgia, Davros' daughter. He has asked if you and the Doctor will come to the infirmary with me!"
"Can I ask why?" This was the Doctor who spoke.
"I am afraid Doctor that my father is gravely ill and wished to see you both before he died. The last time he saw you he was secretly fighting an illness but in order not to alarm you both he hide it well."
"I think it best you showed us to the infirmary then Georgia"

Georgia headed out of the door of the sitting room, myself and the Doctor following behind, she lead us round several corridors until we reached a white door. Georgia went inside and again we followed. We came to the third bed on the left, Davros was lying down, eyes closed and several drips poking out of his arms, and a heart monitor was beeping a steady rhythm of Davros' heartbeat. He opened his eyes and spoke in a hoarse voice
"Doctor and Evie, I am sorry I deceived you both on your last visit but I did not want to alarm you of my illness"
"Davros, I understand your deception but what do you wish to speak to us about" The Doctor piped up after staring at Davros for a least 3 minutes before he registered that his old friend was dying and in a hospital bed.
"Well I wanted to tell Evie something as I have been riddled with guilt about not telling her this sooner"
"What did you want to tell me Davros"
"Evie on your first visit, I gave you the option to change how you age, you said no. I respected that but I could see in your eyes you wished to age normally, so I changed your genes to how they were and I gave you a very special gift"
"What was that?"
"To be immortal, to live forever with the one person you loved the most"
"So you already changed me on my first visit to you but I don't understand why you did not tell me in the first place, I would not have got mad."
"So you are not mad!"
"No I am not, if anything I am pleased. Thankyou old friend"

Davros had changed me when I first visited him but gave me a special gift of being immortal with the one I loved but would he realize I was in love with him? I turned my attention back to Davros and the Doctor, the Doctor was leaning over listening to what Davros had to say to him, his mouth turning into a frown and then a smile. The Doctor stood up and came over to me, what he did next completely surprised me, he kissed me right on the lips. Behind him, Davros and Georgia were smiling madly, I gladly kissed back at the Doctor pulling him close taking in his scent, and he smelt of fish fingers and custard. We then both turned our attention back to Davros was coughing and spluttering everywhere and then things went into slow motion. The Doctor was trying to help Davros, Georgia was crying like mad, doctors and nurses where trying to save Davros' life. Several minutes later I came back to reality but it was too late Davros had died, I looked over, the Doctor was cradling Georgia in his arms, comforting her as best as he could. If I was honest I did not realize I was crying until Georgia came over and hugged me.
"Georgia I am so sorry!"
"It is ok Evie there was nothing you could have done to save him."

We set off back to the TARDIS to continue travelling the stars. I wondered what Davros had said to the Doctor moments before his death? I guess it was something to do with me or else the Doctor would not have kissed me like he did! Death can bring people together in different ways, it can bring people or family together or can find new friendships. But most importantly it can bring two people together in love because the bonds are closer than ever, this is what brought the Doctor and I together. Could this be something magical or could the end in tragedy, who knows? Anything is possible in a time machine!