Chapter 13 - Seeing Double/ Meta Crisis

A/N; I do not normally put an author's note at the beginning of a chapter but this one does. This chapter focuses on a Meta crisis version of Evie, the idea came from Journeys End.

Evie POV

In this chapter I am going to explain an event that saw me really confused and when I think about even now, years after the event, it still somewhat puzzles me. It happened a year after saving Ianto from the 456, it was a normal day until strange things started to happen and then a familiar face turns up out of the blue without no warning!

6th June 2027

It was a clear sunny day in Cardiff, but rather than being out enjoying the sunshine, I was inside on rift duty, totally bored out of my mind. I was sifting through several files on weevils when the rift alarm sounded, alerting me of alien activity. I checked each system including the database but there was no record of any alien activity, I was perplexed as to what could be causing the alarm to go off. That was until I check the security camera and things became clearer. A man wearing a AD DC t-shirt, blue jeans and black converses was walking toward the entrance to the rift. He looked familiar but I could not place him. I kept staring at the screen wondering where I see him before. I suddenly jumped at the touch of a hand on my shoulder, I turned around and was greeted by the Doctor. That's when it hit me! That man on the camera was the Meta crisis Doctor.
"Evie are you Ok!"
"Umm no I am not. Look at the screen Doctor!" He face when a horrible shade of white.
"Don't let him in!"
"I plan on not doing so, oh bother!"
"What?"
"Dad, on the reception!"
It was too late the cog doors rolled open and dad sauntered in with the Meta crisis Doctor.
"Dad what is he doing here!" I pointed to the Meta crisis Doctor.
"He needs to talk to me!" I sat that not being able to say because I was seething with anger. He had been here before and tried to get me to go back with him to the parallel version of Earth, I had said no and we parted on bad terms. A few minutes later the Meta Doctor came out and headed straight for me, how dare he try and speak to me after what had happened! He pulled up a spare chair and sat next to me, not once did I look up. I hung my head in shame at what I said the last time he was here especially after what I said after he was only being kind to me.
"Evie we need to talk!" I still refused to look at him. That was until he swivelled my chair to face him, he lift my head up with his hands.
"Now that is better. I can see that pretty face of yours. Why can't you look at me Evie"
"Because we left on bad terms the last time we met and I could not face you especially after what I said to you!"
"That is in the past Evie, I would like to move on from that"
"Why are you here anyway?"
"Because I was lost. I was missing something in my soul and that was you Evie. I don't care what you think but I am still the Doctor but half human, half timelord." He took my hand in his and leaned forward and kissed me! I recoiled back and raised my hand to slap him, but I was stopped by a strong pair of hands, it was the timelord Doctor.
"Evie don't do it, you will be worse than he is, if you slap him"
I turned to face him.
"Why?"
"Because you are angry and would regret later on"

I was livid as to what the Human Doctor did, so I stalked off in a huff only not hearing Owens warning about a computer overload. Next thing I know I am flung across the room, my head hitting a wall, black dots filling my vision, but before I went out cold I saw a face that was familiar before blacking out totally. A few minutes later I regain consciousness, only to hear voices but I could not hear them because I had zoned into on familiar voice, which sounded like my own. How can that be! I am hear lying in bed. I opened my eyes to see a different version of me staring at me from the end of the bed. She had ginger hair, black jeans and a t-shirt but she was wearing red converse much like the Meta crisis Doctor. However there was one distinctive feature, on her left hand she had a mark of a star, which was brown and was starting to fade.
"Guys, Evie is awake"
"Evie you had worried us there" It was Owens voice.
I tried sitting up, I soon regretted it as a searing pain shot through my head.
"What happened?"
"Well you were flung across the room by the computer malfunction, hitting your head and blacking out. We came to see what had happened when a different version of you was attending to your wounds. You ran off ignoring my shouting"
"Sorry Owen I did not hear you. Thankyou Evie"
"You are welcome. I need to let you know I am like the Meta crisis Doctor, half human, half timelord"
"How did it happen"
"I have not a clue"

That day defiantly confused me and is still a mystery to me even now. Meta crisis Doctor and Evie went back to parallel world.    We continued our life as normal, well as normal as you can when surrounded by aliens every day. I would not change my lifestyle on bit!