Chapter Twenty - New Life, New Start

Throughout this book I have told you of the adventures of myself, The Doctor and my parents but other things have gotten in the way of those adventures, life. I have seen civilizations been born and others burn, I fought countless aliens, have seen friends die and others that we all lost, return to us but the biggest thing that has changed me as a person is not only the Doctor but has been my son, Daniel. He has been the silent character in all this but has taught me that life is not always smooth and does not always go the way you want it to. However he has taught me that being  a mother does not always mean following the rules of parenthood. 

This leads  me to today, seeing my son off in a TARDIS grown on Earth. It was time to let him go however hard it was , it was time to travel  without us. 
"Mum, are you crying!"
"No, I have something in my eye"
"You are crying"
"Maybe a little"
"Mum I will always be around,you just need to ring."
"I know but it is hard to say good bye."
"Saying good bye is always the hardest but coming back is the fun part because you can tell each other of the stories and adventures you have had."
"I know and Daniel"
"Yes mum"
"Be safe for both our sakes"
"I will try and mum, look after yourself."
"Now go before I ground the TARDIS to Earth" With that he turned and gave his dad and grandparents a hug before unlocking the doors and stepping inside. He turned once more and I could see the sadness in his eyes but also the happiness of being able to see the stars. The TARDIS made a wheezing sound and it dematerializes into the space time continuum to go to who knows where.

It was not just a new start for Daniel, the Torchwood team had been placed in different teams, courtesy of me. I thought it was a new start  for all of us. Jack and Ianto have been assigned to Scotland, Gwen and Rhys have been assigned to London and the Doctor and I have decided to go to Plymouth to start a new life.

Although this chapter is short, my story will continue in a new book with future adventures and new enemies. The book is called eternity.