Chapter 11 - Seeking Out The Truth

I stayed at Torchwood for several weeks helping Dad out with field missions considering the team was reduced dramatically. Dad had lost Owen and Tosh a year ago and 6 weeks ago Ianto was taken from him. In the several weeks I helped contain several weevils, a rogue cyber man, 2 weeping angels and a talking puffer fish which my Dad called a clown fish. In all honesty it was fun helping Dad catch and contain these aliens but I was escaping the fact that I needed to face my own problems i.e. confessing my feelings for the Doctor.

It was an ordinary day for me at Torchwood when a message flashed up on my screen with a sighting of the TARDIS and it was close, 4 metres away from the rift! I was one step closer to tell the Doctor how I felt about him!
"Dad, we have a TARDIS sighting near the rift about 4 metres away!"
"You better go and catch the Doctor before he goes to confess your feelings for him!"
"Dad!"
"Go on kiddo, catch that timelord!"
"Thanks Dad"

I grabbed my coat, phone, keys and vortex manipulator, heading out of the hub towards the direction of the TARDIS. I ran as fast as I could before he left. In front of me was the blue box, I ran up to it and banged on the door.
"Doctor open up, we need to talk!"
The door flung open and stood in front of me was the timelord.
"Evie there was no need to bang on the door like that!"
"Sorry but I need to talk to you"
"How about we get a coffee?"
"Yeah that would be great" So the Doctor locked up and we headed towards the nearest café. We headed inside and I found a window seat while the Doctor went to get us both coffee. What would he think of me after I confessed my feelings to him? Would he hate me for doing so? Evie stop thinking like that, think positive. He came back a few minutes later with 2 mugs of steaming hot coffee. He sat down and asked;
"Now what was it you wanted to talk to me about"
"Well I do not know how to put this! Right here goes I have feelings towards you!"
"Like what"
"I think that I am going to be true to myself and you. I love you!" I help my breath waiting for an answer but I did not receive one at first, so I hung my head in shame.
"Evie, look at me please"
"I can't"
"Yes you can!" So I did and what I saw in the Doctor's eyes was love. He took my hand in his and intertwined mine with his and then leaned in and kissed me. It was like fireworks all over my body but I had a funny feeling that someone was watching us, I looked to my right and staring through the window, I was greeted by a grinning Jack, a disgusted Rhys and a smiling Gwen.
"Umm Doctor"
"What!"
"Umm I suggest you look up and to your right, we have an audience" He looked up and smiled sheepishly. Dad did a first pump in the air and started to laugh along with the rest of the team. The Doctor and I finished our coffee's and headed outside where Dad and the team where waiting.
"Evie I could not resist seeing you confess your feelings for the timelord."
"Well she did Jack" The Doctor spoke this time.
I smiled but did not say anything. I was the one that went shy this time.
"Doctor there is something else that I have been meaning to tell you!"
"What would that be?"
"I am immortal and that Jack is my father!"
"I already knew, remember when we visited Rory and Amy I told you then that Jack was your father. About being immortal I kinda guess when Davros said he had a special gift for you."
"Ok that does make sense now though"

The Doctor, my dad, myself and the rest of the team headed towards Torchwood when dad stopped the Doctor pulling him to one side. Muttered voices were heard, I could only catch a few words like, 'be kind to her', love her', I will find out'. They both finished their conversation and I caught up with them and the Doctor once again took my hand in his and continued walking towards the hub. As we neared the hub, my vortex manipulator alerted me to an alien sighting at Mac Carley's Bakers, a few blocks away. The bakery was a hive of alien activity even though he was an established baker. It looks like another puffer fish!
"Dad we have to go, alien sighting of a puffer fish"
"I know by Mac Carley's"
All five of us headed in the direction of the bakery, once there we headed inside and the place was a mess. Flour bags were scattered all around the place and dough was halfway up the walls, this is going to be a big clean-up operation! We all spilt up, the Doctor going to the store room, Dad going to the front of the shop, Gwen and Rhys went around the back whilst I headed to the kitchen. I headed into the kitchen and it was even worse than the front of the shop, pots and pans everywhere, icing covering the walls, flour was everywhere except where it was supposed to be. I searched the room to find the puffer fish dead on the floor next to a human male, who was badly injured. I rang for an ambulance and a clean-up team.
"This is field agent Evie Harkness of Torchwood Cardiff, I need and ambulance for a human male in his 50's and a clean-up team to get rid of an alien please."
"Where are you Agent Harkness"
"Mac Carley's Bakery"
"Ok we have a team on their way to you and an ambulance should be with you in a few minutes. Do you need UNIT?"
"No, I think we will be fine."
"Let me know if you need any assistance"
"I will and thankyou"

I sat there waiting for the team and the ambulance, they arrived and took both people away. I heard crying coming from somewhere in the room but I was confused as to where it was coming from. I search everywhere but could not find anyone until I opened a fridge, inside the fridge was a child of about 5 shivering from the cold.
"Hello there, I am Evie of Torchwood. What your name?"
"Mia"
"Well hello Mia, why are you in the fridge?"
"Because this puffer fish attacked our bakery and I hid in here for safety."
"Well come out here and come to me. You must be freezing. I am going to call an ambulance to take you to the hospital to check you over"
"Is my dad going to be ok!"
"I am  sure Mia that he is going to be fine but I need to get you check out before anything" The ambulance came and I went with Mia to the hospital, so she could see her father. Mia was fine apart from a few scratches and her dad was lucky to, a broken foot and several cuts and bruises which would heal in few days.

After leaving the hospital I head back to the hub, where Dad and the Doctor were waiting for me.
"How is Mac Carley and his daughter!"
"They are both doing well especially what they had been through. Did the autopsy come back on the puffer fish"
"It did and it looked like that it died of natural causes after it attacked Mr Mac Carley"

So the mission ended well but there was one thing I needed to ask the Doctor, what was said to him? I was intrigued so I quizzed the Doctor about it.
"Doctor what did dad say to you!"
"He said to protect you forever and to never hurt you or else there would be consequences."
"Oh Ok"

That evening the Doctor and I settled down to watch a film but by the time the film had finished I had fallen asleep in the Doctors arms. I was a peace because I knew where I was but I wanted to meet Ianto, my pa before I left with the Doctor to travel the stars once more!