Chapter 12 - Saving Ianto

Ianto died when trying to stop the 456 from destroying Earth, he was suffocated by the toxic gases emitted by the creature. I wanted my pa badly, so I decided to travel back in time just before the creature emitted the toxic gases in turn killing my pa. I was determined to see him again sand tell him how much I loved him.

It was 16TH May 2026 when the creature arrive on the planet, UNIT and Torchwood had no idea what its intentions were until the next day when it started to emit gases that would choke the planet and its inhabitants. It reminded me of the day the Sontarans invaded and tried to do the same thing with the help of Luke Rattigan with the atmos devices in cars and trucks. Torchwood Cardiff was sent to neutralize the 456, which they did but at a cost of losing Ianto. This is why I am determined to stop the creature before its intentions are revealed to the planet.

Time Skip

I used the vortex manipulator my father gave me and travelled back to May 16th just before the 456 lands on Earth. I materialise a few metres from the rift making sure past dad does not see me.
"Get the equipment in the SUV Owen, we need to know where the alien activity is coming from!"
"I am trying but this equipment is heavy, any chance of some help Gwen!
"Not a chance!"
Owen huffed and continued to load the things into the boot of the SUV. I laughed, Owen has not changed much in the 22 years he has worked for Torchwood. Jack got into the driver's seat with Ianto in the passenger's seat. They sped off in the direction of the town centre. I followed behind on a motorbike which I had hired, they turned left away from the town centre and in the direction of an industrial estate. The SUV parked up and Jack, Owen and the rest of team piled out, taking out the equipment from the boot and taking into the far building on the left. I checked my vortex manipulator for alien activity and low and behold, the 456 had landed in the building in front of me. I got off the motorbike and headed in the direction of the 456, I entered the building and the smell of rotting flesh hit my nostrils, I struggled to try and not to gag at the smell. I hid behind a crate and waited for the team to arrive.
"Ianto get a reading from the creature and the rest of us will check each room to see that it is clear"
"Ok Jack"
I peered through a gap in the crate but all I could see was a glass cage with gas! I got up carefully and stepped out from behind the crate. Ianto whipped his head around, pointing his gun in my direction.
"Who are you and what are you doing here?"
" I am Evie, I am a field agent for Torchwood in the future. I have come to stop the creature before it emits a toxic gas that will kill most of the population of earth." By that time Jack and the rest of the team came in.
"Ianto have you done that swe.....!" He stopped mind sentence when he saw me.
"Who the hell are you?"
"I am Evie, I am from Torchwood Cardiff in the future. I have come to stop the creature before it emits a toxic gas that kills the population of Earth including Ianto" It was out there, the truth about how Ianto was going to die. Jack just looks at me with a strange look and then asks me this;
"What is your last name Evie?"
"Harkness – Jones" Jack just stood there shocked.
"The Evie that we gave up"
""Yes. I hate to break this up as much I love explaining this but we have a creature to stop before it goes loco" Ianto laughed at my Zoolander quote. The creature inside the glass cage seemed to get impatient with this reunion.
"How sweet, the family back together but I grow impatient of this. No matter what you say girl the gas will still be emitted and you and Torchwood will be the first to die"
"Actually that is where you are wrong 456"
"Evie what are you doing!" This was Ianto.
"Stopping him and maybe reason with him"
"Enough! I grow tired of this. I will stop you and your race from ever living on this planet. I am going to finish what the Sontarans started by choking the planet and you are not going to be able to stop me"
"Actually I can" By this point I had taken out a device which rids the planet of the toxic gases that the 456 has already emitted
"I can with this!"
"What is that!" Fear lacing the creatures voice
"This is a device that clears the atmosphere of the toxic gases you emitted and it also destroys you. Believe me I take no pleasure in doing this but it is my only choice" With this I set the device off and the air cleared and the 456 destroyed.
"Thank you Evie"
"Your welcome by the way. Jack take care of Ianto and retrieve the 3 month old baby from the doorstep of that retirement home."
"I will and I guess I will see you in future then Evie"
"We will meet again Harkness but not for a very long time" With that I head out of the building, pressed a button on my vortex manipulator and disappeared back to my own time stream.

I headed for the rift to see if things had changed. I opened the cog doors and everything seemed to be the same when I left except I could hear laughter coming from Jacks Office. I looked up and saw Jack with Ianto. Wait Ianto! Time had changed. I walked up to the office and walked inside, on the desk I notice pictures of myself at various life stages with Jack or Ianto in most of the photos. I stood there surprise.
"Evie, honey are you ok. You look like you have seen a ghost!" Jack spoke.
"Umm I am fine but I am confused"
"What about sweetie?" This was Ianto this time.
"Well I went back to stop the 456 but there are photos of me and both of you!"
"Well when you went back in time you changed the course of Ianto's fate. Rather than him dying, you save him and so time changes to how it is supposed to be."
"Oh OK"

I changed time to save my pa, I save Ianto Jones from dying! I am now complete, my family back together again and it will be forever. If there is one thing I would like to leave you with before you read the next chapter is this; there are events in life that can change and that life at times seems to be impossible but if you believe in yourself and others it makes life seem worthwhile.