Chapter 15 - 4 Years Later

It has been 4 years since the incident with the cyber men but things have changed for the worse for Torchwood, the team has been disbanded after an incident which saw the rift blow up. We all had the opportunity to go and work for Torchwood London but most of us refused to go. The Doctor stayed on Earth (well more exiled himself!). When he first said he was going to live in a house, I laughed as I could not imagine him living in a house, it would be a mess! However he has proved me wrong and continues to do so! 

In the 4 years I have manged to go and do training as an IT expert but in my spare time I ride my bike. Today is a big day for my parents, their wedding day after Jack finally proposed to Ianto after so long! I get to officiate the wedding for them both which is a great honor for them both.

2 Hours Later

The time has come! I said at the front of the church waiting with Jack and the Doctor, as best man, waiting for Ianto to walk down that aisle. I can't wait to see the smile on both their faces when I officially pronounce them civil partners. The doors open and Ianto walks or rather sprints down the aisle , to greet Jack at the end.

"You all may be seated. We are gathered here today to witness the union of Captain Harkness and Ianto Gareth Jones. Before I begin is there anyone who objects because speak now or ever hold your peace". 
I half expected Captain John to barge in and object because him and Jack have history, but he did not.
"Marriage is a commitment shared for life. Jack and Ianto have chosen to spend the rest of their life together. Marriage is something that should not be taken lightly. OK now for the vows. Jack repeat after me: I Jack Harkness take you Ianto Gareth Jones to be my lawful wedded husband, in sickness and in heath, through richer for poorer, til the world crash and burn." 

"I Jack Harkness take you Ianto Gareth Jones to be my lawful wedded husband, in sickness and in heath, through richer for poorer, til the world crash and burn." 

"Ianto repeat after me: I Ianto Gareth Jones take you Jack Harkness to be my lawful wedded husband, in sickness and in heath, through richer for poorer, til the world crash and burn"

 "I Ianto Gareth Jones take you Jack Harkness to be my lawful wedded husband, in sickness and in heath, through richer for poorer, til the world crash and burn"  

"Before I pronounce you civil partners for life, I would like to read this from Tosh before she died. ' Jack and Ianto I hope both of you find the courage to share your lives with each other. You both bring each other happiness in the darkest of days and I hope your love for each other last until the end of time.' Jack do you take Ianto Jones to be your lawful wedded husband."

"I do!"

"And do you Ianto Jones take Jack to be your lawful wedded husband"

"I do"

"Then I pronounce you husband and husband. You may kiss your partner"

Jack leaned in and kissed Ianto passionately full of love and commitment.

Seeing Jack and Ianto made me realize that there is someone for everyone and maybe I have found in it in the Doctor, who knows!