Chapter 2 - The Doctor

It was during my teenager years that I met the Doctor for the first time since Melody spoke of him. It was a sunny day and I was sat outside after a lesson, reading about physics when I heard a funny wheezing sound coming from close by, I went to investigate. After walking for 5 minutes I came across a blue police call box and for some strange reason, I knocked and the door opened to reveal a man in a tweed jacket and light blue bowtie. He looked about 45 but I knew different because of the stories Melody spoke of. I stood there not knowing what to say instead I took his hand and lead to the home, he stopped in his tracks and walked back to the blue box to lock it and then continued to follow me. I lead him up to the floor that I shared with Melody.
"Melody, where are you?"
"Evie, I am in here!"
So I lead the Doctor to where Melody was, she was in the kitchen cooking so she did not realize that the Doctor was in the room with me.
"Evie can you pass me the salt please."
"Melody it is on the table and I cannot reach it."
I could but I wanted her to turn around.
"Evie you are right by the table, surely you can pass it to me."
"Nope"
"Evie for gods sake." By this time she turned round but only to look for the salt on the table until the penny dropped that this was my intention.
"Evie, what is this all about?"
The Doctor seemed to get impatient as he shuffled his feet which brought Melody back to reality. She looked up but what she did next surprised both the Doctor and I. She slapped the Doctor.
"OW. What hell was that for?"
"For leaving me alone in America, 6 years Doctor surely you did not forget me"

Melody and the Doctor spoke for hours about time and space. Melody spoke of the years that the Doctor had missed. The Doctor spoke of his previous companion and how she had saved the Doctor from death and sacrificing herself for him, you could see the sadness in his eyes as he spoke of her. Listening to them both talk about what they did in the years they had been apart, made me come to the conclusion that they both lived their timelines in a totally different order to each other. I guess that what made each of their meetings more exciting.
"Doctor?"
"Yes Evie."
"What do you make of me?"
Melody spoke next.
"What made you come out with that question?"
"Well, when I was younger people would assume that I was older when in actual fact I am only 19. I want to see what the Doctor thought of me."
It was the Doctor who spoke.
" Evie, before you told me that, I would have guessed you were 19 by the way you speak. Also I can read your mind."
"Do you read every ones minds."
"No but you are special. You live your life in reverse, as you grow older you age younger and that is something that is magical. It is nothing to be ashamed about."

That statement has always stuck with me and constantly reminds me of how special I was and am. It took an alien from Gallifrey to teach me that. So no matter how indifferent people see you to be, you are in actual fact a little bit special and never let anyone tell you different!