Chapter 10 - Needing You!

After the events of the past 2 weeks, I needed to find who I am and the reason behind my birth parents leaving me on the doorstep of a retirement home 22 years ago. I needed to trace and talk to them both behind the reason why and maybe understand and forgive them both for doing so. It took me several weeks to track down their last known address, so this leads me to today, standing on the doorstep in the pouring rain with the Doctor beside me for support. I knock on the door and wait patiently, inside I can hear voices and footsteps are heard getting louder, then the door open suddenly to be greeted by a man with short brown hair and wearing nurses scrubs.
"Amy, the Doctor is on the doorstep!" From somewhere inside the house I can hear a 'why did you not tell me before'. Amy appears at the door beside her husband
"Doctor how are you and who is this?" Looking at me with a quizzical look.
"Amy I am fine and this is Evelina De Creusa. She is looking for her birth parents and this was their last known address."
"Ok, you better come inside before you both catch a cold" So we both went inside and I was lead to a big lounge, Amy gestured for the Doctor and I to sit down, so we did.
"Evie, what do you know of your birth parents?"
"Nothing really apart from their last known address"
"Melody took you in and raised you as her own because your real parents could not take care of you because of their job. They loved you very much and found it hard to give you up. 22 years ago your parents came to the retirement home where Melody worked and asked her to take you in."
"Evie both your parents work for a company known as Torchwood, an organisation that was set up by Queen Victoria to stop the Doctor coming to earth but it then changed and saves the human races from aliens when the Doctor is not around!" The Doctor spoke "Evie your parents are both men. Captain Jack Harkness and Ianto Jones adopted you when you were born."

Captain Jack Harkness and Ianto Jones must have had their reasons that day to give me up but I need to seek out the truth, the only way to do this was on my own.
"Doctor, I am going to find them both and seek out the truth"
"Do you want me to come?"
"No I should be fine"
"Ok, ring me if you need me, I will be here if anything goes wrong!"
"I will and goodbye Amy and Rory. I will see you later Doctor"

With that I headed out of the Ponds house and headed for the bus station to catch a bus to Cardiff. Was Jack going to accept me as his daughter? What made him give me up? All these questions were going through my mind on the journey there.

~~~~~~One Hour Later~~~~~

The bus rolled into Cardiff bus station and I disembarked, heading in the direction of Torchwood base. Walking towards the rift I see a woman heading in the opposite direction, so I walk up to her and ask if she works for Torchwood in which she replies yes and shows me her identification.

"Excuse me Gwen, do you where the entrance to the base is please?"
"Why, do you need to know?" She looked at me with a confused look.
"I need to speak to Jack Harkness about something. This is important!"
"How do I know that you are someone that isn't trying to kill him or something?"
"Well for starters it is not in my nature and secondly I am his daughter, so please can you help?"
"Oh Ok. Step onto the pad just behind you and it will take you directly down to the hub. Good luck!"
"Thankyou"

With that she turned around and headed in the direction of the town centre. I watched her walk away and turned to step onto the pad, it took me down to the hub to a room which was unmanned. I had to find the button that opened the cog doors, which I eventually found, pressed it and the cog doors rolled open, alarms blaring and lights flashing. It was not exactly quiet!

The room that was before me was huge! It had a big main area where about 4 computers were scattered around, there was a room to the right which was used as a medical bay and the room that was in front of me was used as an office. I looked up to the office and there he was! My father. I looked to my right and there was a man sat at a computer typing away until he turned around and noticed me. He stood up rather quickly, raising his gun in the process.
"Who are you?"
"Ummm, I am Evie. I am looking for Jack Harkness" He lowered his gun and pointed to the office with the glass front which I noted earlier. Sat in the office was Jack Harkness reading something lay before him.
"He is up there. Go up the stairs to the left"
"Thankyou .........?"
"Rhys"
"Well thankyou Rhys. Have a nice day!"
I headed towards the stairs, hands shaking out of fear and excitement. What would be his reaction? What would he think of me?" I knock and waited for the door to be answered, I heard a shuffle of feet and suddenly the door opened revealing Jack himself. I was gawping because I was lost for words. I had so many questions and when it came to it I lost the ability to speak!
"Hello how can I help you?"
"Hhii, I am Evelina De Creusa" Jack looked confused and then realisation hit him pulling me inside his office at the same time. I stood in the middle of his office awkwardly until he gestured for me to sit down, he choose to sit on the edge of his desk.
"Evie, I never thought I would get the chance to see you again! How are you after all these years"
"I am fine but for a long time I struggled to understand who I was until I traced you down. I had some help trying to find you but I am glad that I did!" I was crying out of joy. I didn't noticed this until Jack hugged me.
"Evie I am so glad you came to find me, I have been lonely since Ianto died 6 weeks ago but I think he would have loved to have met you at last! When I left you on that doorstep my heart broke but I knew that you were in safe hands with Melody and that ease my suffering. I wish that was there for you when you were growing up and I plan on making it up to you. Starting today!"

I was speechless, nothing happens for a while then it suddenly come at you all in one go! For the first time in a long while I was loved and all for the right reasons! After our conversation Jack lead me to the archives to show me two files, one was Ianto's and the other myself. He said that he wanted me to understand fully of who I was, so I sat down in the archives reading both case files. They read:

Case File 1

Name ; Ianto Gareth Jones

Age ; 36

Occupation ; Field Agent for Torchwood Cardiff

Spouse ; Captain Jack Harkness

Children ; Evelina De Creusa (Harkness – Jones)

Died ; 16th May 2026

Cause of Death ; Toxic Gas Emitted by 456

Notes ; Ianto Jones was a valued member of Torchwood Cardiff and his death was a great loss for the team. Ianto married Jack Harkness and adopted a young girl called Evelina. Evelina was given to Melody Pond, wife of the Doctor and daughter to Amy and Rory Williams. Ianto never got the chance to see his daughter grow up.

Case File 2

Name ; Evelina De Creusa (Harkness –Jones)

Occupation ; Not Applicable

Age ; 22

Birthdate ; 16th May 2004

Birth Defect ; Ages Backwards (Young when looks old and vice versa)

Notes ; Evelina was born with a genetic condition which meant she ages in the wrong order. She was adopted by Jack Harkness and Ianto Jones when she was 3 months old but had to be given away due to the fact both parents were field agents.

I read the case files over and over again, there was one thing that struck me was the fact that my pa, Ianto died on my 22nd birthday. Whilst I was celebrating my birthday, Jack was grieving for Ianto. This made me sad and I cried! Jack sat with me whilst I read the case files but there was one thing I needed to tell dad and now was the right time!
"Dad, there is something important I need to talk to you about"
"Go on"
"Well, you know how I age in the wrong order. That was changed when I met Davros, he changed me. Which means I age in the right order but there is something else"
"What is it!" He had worry in voice.
"I am immortal and I travel with the Doctor!"
"You what!"
"Immortal" I was not sure how he would take it but I looked up and saw a huge smile plastered on his face. So I guessed he was ok with the fact that I cannot die.

In the days following my first meeting with my dad, we got to know each other more. We got to know what we missed and what we loved when we were parted. I told him of my life up until my first meeting with him. I explained that I travelled with the Doctor to keep him company, to stop him going insane but also that I feel things towards the timelord. My father told me to be honest with him about how I felt but I also said it was difficult to explain my feelings to him because I had no idea if he felt the same way about me. Again he said to be true to myself!

I had found a part of me that was missing. Ineeded Jack and he needed me, so here I was to stay for the time being!