Chapter 8 -We Meet Again!

So it was several months since we encountered the creatures but they came back again, not heeding the Doctor's warning of destruction. This would be the event that future me meant about changing who you are as a person. Was this the event that changed the Doctor for good? I was unsure but something told me that this was one of the events that would change him for better or for the worse, who knows?

The Doctor was doing ' maintenance' on the TARDIS or rather messing about with parts he had no idea about but it was fun watching him try to fix the machine he held close to his hearts. It was about 3 in the afternoon when the TARDIS landed quite suddenly throwing me from my position on the jump seat to the cold hard floor.
"Doctor, what did you do!"
"What why do you think it is me all the time!"
"Well you are tinkering with the TARDIS, so I assumed it was you"
"No"
"Ok!"

The Doctor got up and walked over to me and helped me up leading to those doors again that we had done on so many occasions saving the universe. I linked arms with him and walked outside, what we saw struck anger into the very soul of the Doctor. The creatures that we faced several months ago.
"I told you that you ever tried to destroy me and my companion I would cause destruction."
"We know Doctor but we need the girl."
"What for?"
"To end you!"
"You never heeded the Doctors warning that he would end you but you did not listen. Well I am going to tell you something. I have lived my life in reverse, growing old but aging younger and life has taught me many things, it has taught me to never judge, to never hurt someone without just cause but there is one lesson that I will never forget that I am special even if someone judges you differently. When people look at you all they see is a different species but do you know what I see? A living being who needs love but no-one has ever shown you this but you know what! The Doctor and I will so you love and compassion, if you let us live."
"You are right Evie people see us differently but why are both showing us compassion?"
"Because sometimes everyone needs love"

After the conversation with the creatures they decided to let us go unharmed and promised they would not change our timelines. When the Doctor and I went back into the TARDIS, I went for the letter future Evie sent me it had changed, it read

Dear Doctor and Evie,

The young girl who handed you the letter Evie, is your great granddaughter, her name Amy Melody River Smith. I asked her to hand you this letter months after Melodies death but I feared that one day events leading to her death would repeat themselves and I understand it is hard to comprehend but believe me they will change your view on life. The creatures that changed part of mine and the Doctors timeline have stopped and we both continue to travel time and space in the TARDIS, getting into trouble and saving universes at the same time.

This is a message for the Doctor, please take good care of Evie as the next few days even years can be hard for her. I just hope that you love her enough to see this through Doctor, maybe help you to understand that the future Doctor he's changed. Future you annoying, arrogant and sometimes selfish but recently showed a softer side. Please be kind to her.

This is a message to Evie, the doctor has asked me to type this for you considering that I'm typing this letter. He's asked me to tell you that when he changes do not stop loving him as he is still the same person inside. The madman flew away in a blue box.

Over the years the Doctor and I have found it hard to talk about Melody's death but when events changed it became easier. In the future we fell in love and had two children and they in turn grew up and had children of their own. I hope that all goes well for you both and I wish you both the best of times.

All my love

Future version of Evie and the Doctor

P.S Thank you for reasoning with the creatures, all they needed was love.

I read the letter that future Evie sent and thought that there was something for the Doctor and me to look out for in the end. It shows us that the future is subjective and reason to change, so time can be rewritten but as I am fully aware certain events cannot be changed, they are set in stone, like the death of Melody Pond (River Song). Times do change!