Chapter 3 - Melody's Death

My life changed when Melody died, it showed me that the path that is set out for you can changed in a blink of an eye. (A/N; Don't Blink, they are coming) Melody had been ill for a month and the doctors said that her immune system was shutting down and there was nothing that could be done for her. I remember trying so hard for them to find a way of keeping her alive.

~~~~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~

"Miss Pond there is nothing more that we can do for you". I sat there in disbelief and I started to cry but then I got angry at the doctor for not trying
"Surely there is something you can do for Melody!"
"Miss De Creusa, I am afraid that we have done all that we can for Miss Pond. We just have to wait"
"What wait for her to die, surely there is some form of treatment that can be given to her"
"With her physiology I am afraid not"
The (human) Doctor walked out of the room and I was left with Melody.
"Melody what did he mean about your physiology?"
"Well, I am not completely human"
"Your part timelord""
She just nodded.

I spent hours with Melody until she died 2 days later with the Doctor and I by her side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Flashback Ends~~~~~~~~~~

I felt guilty and still do that there was nothing more that could be done for her. As I watch her body be lowered into the ground, I thought about how life can throw a series of challenges your way, to test you. I started to cry and The Doctor noticed this and wrapped his arms around me, I took in his warm but I looked up to see the sadness in his eyes. He had just lost the woman he loved and married, this was another burden he had to carry on his lives. We both walked back to the house to pack away Melody's things, I would be alone without Melody to go to if I needed a shoulder to cry on.

It made me realize how insignificant you are in such a big world and an even bigger universe, this was what the Doctor felt every single day of his lives, how sad and alone he was in a universe that would see him as different, an outsider. I knew how he felt. My years spent in reverse and there was nothing that could be done about it.

A/N Sorry for the short chapter but I did not want to make this too long.