chapter 9

Evie's POV:

Doug and I sit our stuff down at the table along with our trays. We sit down and begin to eat our food. The cafeteria was serving chicken sandwiches and french fries. Across the court yard, I see Tanner and Bella. She looked genuinely happy. Even though she did what she did all those years ago, I'm happy that she's happy. The intercom system comes on with a message from fairy godmother. The court yard Goes silent. " Attention. All students will have the day off tomorrow. Enjoy." Then the entire courtyard bustles with plans and cheers of excitement. " You know what that means don't you." I say. Doug grins. " Yup. Lunch at the cafe and then movie night." He says taking my hand. " Evie I'm going to meet my dad at the park after dinner and I want you to come with me." He says. I grin. " I'd love to meet your dad." I say hugging him. " Great. We need to leave in a few minuets." He says. " Ok let me go put my stuff up and then fix my hair a little bit and I'll meet you back here." I say. He nods and kisses me before walking off.

Time skip:

" Ready Babe?" Doug asks. I nod and fluff the skirt of my green and turquoise dress. ( Evie's family day dress in the movie) " Do I look ok?" I ask. " You look beautiful. Don't worry Evie he will love you." Doug says pulling me to the park. The whole Walk was in silence. Doug had his hand around my waist and I have my hands by my side. When we get to the park, a man aproaches us. He was bald and had a green dress shirt on with a purple tie and khaki pants. He had a kind smile plastered on his face. " Hi dad." Doug says. " Hello son. Is this that wonderful girlfriend your always telling me about?" He says gesturing to me. " Dad, this is Evie. Evie this is my father, Dopey." Doug says. " It's so wonderful to meet you." I say extending my hand. " Pleasures all mine." He says kissing the top of my hand. I smile and connect my hand with Doug's. " I like this one Doug." He says. I blush and smile. Doug's dad leads us to an ice cream stand. " What would you like Evie?" Doug says. " Hmm. I'll take a chocolate ice cream with rainbow sprinkles." I say. " That's my favorite." Doug says. I giggle and blush slightly. " Ok. I would like a 2 large chocolate ice creams with rainbow sprinkles and a small strawberry ice cream." Doug's dad says. He pays for the ice cream and hands us the large cups. I grab a spoon and a napkin and join Doug and dopey at a picnic table. I take a bite of my ice cream. " So Evie tell me about yourself." Dopey says. " Well, I love fashion and of corse being with Doug." I say kissing his cheek. The rest of the day, we eat ice cream and talk.