chapter 13

Ben's POV:

" What just happened?" I ask. " She's Ok. She's just tired." Evie says. I pick Mal up and carry her bridal style. She stirs at my touch. " Thanks Ben." She says slowly opening her beautiful eyes. I smile and kiss her for head. " I'm still carying you." I say. " I know Benny boo. I know." She says kissing my arm. Carlos stops us. " Follow me guys." He says. He protectively wraps an arm around Jane's waist. Evie and Bella do the same for Doug and Tanner. Jay does the same for Audrey. I clutch my precious Mal close to my chest. Carlos leads us down several alleys and roads. Then eventually, we stop at what looks like a voodoo shop. We follow Carlos inside. " Dannie." Carlos calls out. A girl comes out of the shadows. ( Picture in media) " Carlos?" She says. " I need your help." He says. " What's wrong?" She asks. He explains what has been happening. " How can I help?" She asks. " Where is your dad?" I ask. Her face falls and a tear escapes her eye.
" Daddy died from a heart attack 2 weeks ago." She said. " I'm sorry Dannie. Is there anyway you can help us?" Carlos asks. " Yes. After daddy died, I inherited his powers." She says, holding her staff by her side. " Good. But we have to be careful. Bill sees everything." Evie says. " you'll be safe here. He can't get to you here." Dannie says. " C'mon. I'll show you your rooms." She says. She leads us up a flight of stairs and down a corridor. She directs each couple to rooms. When she shows me mine and Mal's room, I sit her on one side of the bed. I change and then crawl in the bed beside Mal. I pull her closer to me and kiss her head. " I love you my queen." I say, before drifting off into a peaceful sleep.

Evie's POV:

I brush my hair out and remove my heels. I climb into the bed. Doug soon climbs in beside me and pulls me close. " I love you." He says. " I love you as well." I say, before drifting off into a peaceful sleep.