chapter 18

Doug's POV:

Once we get to the courtyard, Mal and Ben dance together as husband and wife. Mal has her head on ben's shoulder and Ben has his hands on Mal's waist. After their dance ends, they smile at each other and walk to the front of the courtyard. Ben lifts Mal's dress up a little bit and pulls her garter off. Mal grabs her bouquet and calls all of the single ladies to come up behind her. Evie leaves my side and walks up to catch the bouquet. Mal tosses her bouquet back and I look go see who catches it. I see Evie cradling a bouquet of red roses. Unbelievable. Evie caught it. The girls leave the center and Ben calls up the single men to come up as well. All of the single guys stands behind Ben. He tosses the garter back and quickly turns around. The garter falls to me. I quickly snag it before any of the other guys get a chance to. Ben and Mal smirk as I walk over to Evie and put my arm around her waist. Mal winks at Evie who blushes. Gosh I love Evie so much. I was happy with her. Who would've thought. Me and a girl from the island. I'm cut off from my thoughts, by a tender kiss from Evie. She pulls away before I can respond. " Why do you have to tease  me like that?" I ask. " It's funny." She replies with a smirk. I roll my eyes and she just giggles. " So, when are you Guys gonna tie the knot?" Mal asks walking over with Ben. " I don't know Mal. Evie and I wanna take our time." I say, pulling Evie close to me. She nods in agreement. Mal just grins and walks away wit Ben. I was happy for them. I knew they loved each other.

Carlos' POV:

Jane and I are slow dancing. She was really good at it as well. " My mom wants me to invite you to dinner next Tuesday." She says. " Yeah I'd love to." I say, kissing her nose. She smiles and I twirl her. I see on her finger the promise ring I had given her a few months ago. It was glinting under the lights. " Your still wearing your ring." I say with a smile. She nods. " I hardly ever take it off." She says. We dance for a little while longer and then join the others at one of the tables. Before we knew it, it was time for toasts to be made. Evie went first.