1.1: MERIT OF MONOTHEISM

Allaah almighty says: 

"It is those who believe (in the Oneness of Allah and worship none but Him Alone) and confuse not their belief with Zulm (wrong i.e. by worshipping others besides Allah), for them (only) there is security and they are the guided" (Qur'an: Al-An'aam: 82)

___________________________________

Relevance of chapter to the Book of Tawhid

This chapter aims at empahsizing the merit of monotheism and its good impact and blessings which include the expiation of sins, and exhorting people to adopt monotheism and act according to its principles.

___________________________________

Keywords and phrases:

1. Those who believe: The believers are those who retain a firm belief, pronounce the declaration of faith and maintain apparent righteous deeds. All these convictions and acts are crowned by true and sound belief in One God

2.Injustice: According to the aforementioned Quranic verse, the term is defined as polytheism. injustice originally means a violation of rights or of what is right. Polytheism is, thus, a form of injustice because it is a violation of Allaah's absolute right of being worshiped solely.

3.The Rightly-guided: Those who are steadfastly guided to adhere to the straight path.

General Meaning of the Quranic Verse:

Relief of fears and hardships on the Day of Resurrection is secured for those who are sincerely devoted to Allaah alone without desecrating monotheism by any act of polytheism. Such people are those who are guided to steadfastly adhere to the straight path in this life.

Relevance of the Quranic Verse to the chapter:

The aforementioned Quranic verse emphasizes the merit of monotheism and refers to its expiation of sins.

Lessons drawn from the Quranic verse

1. The merit of monotheism and its fruits in both this world and the Hereafter

2. Major polytheism is a form of injustice, which nullifies sound belief, while minor polytheism only degrades true belief.

3. Associating partners with Allaah (polytheism) is an unforgivable sin.

4. Polytheism causes fear in both this world and the hereafter.