5.2 MEANING OF MONOTHEISM AND FAITH TESTIFICATION

Almighty Allaah says:

"And (mention, O Muhammad), when Abraham said to his father and his people, 'Indeed, I am disassociated from that which you worship - except for He who created me; and indeed, He will guide me.' "        (Qur'an: Az-zukhruf: 26-27)

_________________________________________________

General Meaning of the Qur'anic verse

Almighty Allaah narrates the story of His servant, Messenger, and intimate friend Ibrahim who dissociated himself from the false deities, which were worshiped by his father and his people. He devoted himself to the worship of Allaah.

Relevance of the verse to the chapter:

This verse signifies that adopting monotheism and testifying that there is no deity but Allaah necessitate dissociating oneself from all acts of polytheism, and dedicating all one's devotional acts to Allaah alone.

Lessons drawn from the Qur'anic verse

>> The meaning of the testification of faith is to believe in the oneness of Allaah, devote all acts of worship to Him alone, and dissociate oneself from all false deities.

>> A believer should avowedly declare his repudiation of the polytheists.

>> A Muslim should dissociate himself from the enemies of Allaah even if they are from among the nearest kin.