2.2 PERFECT MONOTHEISM GUARANTEES PARADISE

Husayn Ibn Abdur Rahman reported:

"I was sitting with sa'id ibn jubayr when he said, 'who among you saw the shooting star that fell last night?' I said, 'I (saw it)' and I added, '(At that time,) I was not performing prayer but I was stung.' He asked me, 'what did you do then?' I said, 'I recited an incantation (ruqyah).' He asked, 'why did you do so?'  I said, 'I did so because I heard hadith, which Ash-sha'bi' related to us'   He asked, 'what did he relate to you?' I said, 'He related on the authority of Buraydah ibnul Husayb who said, 'No incantation (is permissible) except that made because of evil eye or a sting.' so, sa'id ibn jubayr said, ' It is good that one acts according to what one learns.'

Then he added that Ibn 'Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "I was shown the past nations. I saw a Prophet who had a very small group (less than ten in total) with him, another Prophet who was accompanied by only one or two men and some did not have even one. Suddenly I was shown a huge crowd and I thought that they were my Ummah, but I was told: 'This is Musa (Moses) and his people, but look towards the other side.' I looked and beheld a great assemblage. I was told: 'These are your people and amongst them there are seventy thousand who shall enter Jannah without being taken to account or torment". 

Then the Prophet (ﷺ) stood up and went into his apartment, and the Companions began to guess who may be those people who would enter Jannah without any accounting or torment. Some said: "Probably, they are the ones who kept company with Messenger of Allah (ﷺ)". Others said: "Probably, they are the ones who have been born as Muslims and have never associated anyone with Allah in worship". Then Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) came out and asked, "What are you discussing?" So they told him. He then said, "They are those who do not make Ruqyah (blowing over themselves after reciting the Qur'an or some prayers and supplications the Prophet (ﷺ) used to say) nor seek it, nor perceive omens (i.e., they are not pessimistic) but keep trust in their Rubb (Allah)." On this 'Ukashah bin Mihsan stood up and asked: "Pray to Allah to make me one of them." The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "You are one of them." Then another man stood up and asked the same thing. The Prophet (ﷺ) answered, "'Ukashah has surpassed you".

_______________________

Husayn Ibn abdur rahman: The full name of Husayn in Husayn ibn Abdur Rahman As Sulami Al harithi.  He was one of the Tabi'un, and died in 136 A.H., at the age of 93; may Allaah be pleased with him.

Sa'id ibn jubayr: He is an eminent imam and faqih from among the most venerable disciples of Ibn Abbas. He was murdered by the command of Al-Hajjaj in 95 AH, before reaching the fiftieth of his age.

Ash-Sha'bi: His full name is Ash-Shab'bi ibn shurahbil al hamadani. He was born during the caliphate of umar ibnul-khattab, and was one of the trustworthy Tabiun. He died in 103 AH; may Allaah be pleased with him.

Buraydah: His full name is Buraydah ibnul Husayb ibnul harith al aslami. He was a well known companion, and died in 63 AH; may Allaah be pleased with him.

Ibn Abbas: Abdullah ibn abbas ibn abdul muttalib was the paternal cousin of prophet (ﷺ), and one of the venerable companions for whom the prophet (ﷺ) invoked Allaah saying 'O Allaah, grant him (Ibn Abbas) deep understanding of the matters of religion and teach him the essence of interpreting (the noble Quran).' Allaah responded to this invocation. Ibn Abbas died 69 AH.; may Allaah be pleased with him.

Ukkashah: His full name is ukkashah ibn mihsan ibn hurthan al asadi. He was one of the earliest companions to accept Islam. He immigrated to medina and witnessed the battle of Badr. He fought the apostates under the leadership of khalid ibnul walid and was killed therein in 12AH; may Allaah be pleased with him.