4.1 CALLING TO TESTIFICATION OF FAITH

Almighty Allaah says:

"Say, 'This is my way; I invite to Allaah with insight, I and those who follow me. And exalted is Allaah; and I am not of those who associate others with him.' " (Qur'an: Yusuf: 108)

_______________________________________________________________

Relevance of the chapter to the Book of tawhid:

In this chapter, we are going to elaborate on the necessity of inviting others to the straight path of almighty Allaah with insight (an accurate and deep understanding),  wisdom and beautiful preaching as the messengers of Allaah and their followers did.

Keywords and Phrases:

Inviting people to accept the testification of faith: The call to Allaah is designated as inviting people to worship one God, believe in Him and His messenger. This is the essence of the testification of faith.

Say: The person addressed with the command is the prophet (ﷺ)

Insight: It includes all means of knowledge which may be employed to distinguish good from evil and truth from falsehood.

Exalted is Allaah: This phrase has been mentioned as a command to give praise to Allaah and disprove any deficiency or inadequacy ascribed to Him.

General Meaning of the Qur'anic Verse:

Almighty Allaah commands His messenger to inform people that he, as well as his followers, invite people to Allaah with knowledge, certainty, and clear evidence. The essence of such a call is that Allaah is far above having a rival or a partner in His absolute dominion over the heavens and the earth. He is also too exalted to have an associate worshiped or adored besides Him.

Relevance of the Qur'anic verse to the chapter:

According to the aforementioned Qur'anic verse, Allaah expounded (explained) the exemplary method of the messenger (ﷺ) and his followers in inviting people to admit, with insight, wisdom and beautiful preaching, the testification of faith. Therefore, the Qur'anic verse emphasizes the obligation of inviting others to accept Islam, which is the subject matter of the present chapter.

Lessons drawn from the Qur'anic verse:

>> Inviting people to bear witness that there is no deity but Allaah, is the exemplary practice of the prophet (ﷺ) and his followers. 

>> A propagator of Islam should be well versed and possessed of comprehensive knowledge about which he enjoins or forbids.

>> A caller to Allaah should sincerely offer his call without any personal yearning or desire. He should never be partial to party, a sect or a doctrine.

>> Having insight is a religious obligation, for following the prophet (ﷺ) is obligatory and is achieved only through insight represented in knowledge and firm belief.

>> Knowing the virtue of monotheism, which is based on the conviction that Allaah is far above any imperfection.

>> Abomination of polytheism since it is a means of abominable profanation.

>> Not only should a muslim be free from any act of polytheism, but he must also disown the polytheists and their practices.

***************