Part 12 : the journey

And the General climbed off his horse, After the usual greetings , the General joined us in our Carriage . His servant and bags continued on the journey to our castle .

'It is ten months since we saw you ,General , How are you ? " my father said .

We did not really need to ask. We could see how the general was. He was a shadow of the man we knew , he was thinner and older, and his face told a terrible story , I remembered his letter with the news of Bertha's death. ...

The general began to talk about losing Bertha . Clearly it was the only subject of any interest to him . He was an honest old solider and he spoke freely.
His angry feelings poured out of him.

"Evil has visited my house , The mkst monstrous evil has taken my dear child from me !! ' said general .

"Please tell us what happened , Or does it give you too much pain?" My father said .

'I will tell you , But you will not believe me 'he said

'Why not " my father said.

"Because my story is monstrous and unreal. I only believe it because I have seen it with my own eyes' he said .

'Try me ,, I'm always open to new ideas, And if you believe it , that is good enough for me" my father said then .

The General looked through the carriage window into the dark forest . The blackness seemed to mirror his feelings,
For a time, he was lost in thought. My father watched him . I tried to read my father's thoughts. Did he think the old man was crazy?? .

'So we are going to Karnstein castle ., I'm very interested in seeing it too . I planned to visit the castle during my stay with you . In fact , that is why I'm here. There is a little old church that houses the graves of the dead Karnsteins . Am I right??' He said.

'Yes there is . Perhaps you plan to buy the old castle?" My father said. Smiling ,,

'I have a very different plan , I plan to open the grave of one of those fine Karnsteins . I plan to pull out the monster inside it . When I have finished , honest people will be able to sleep quietly in their beds . I have strange things to tell you, my friend' he said ..

My father looked at him with great interest .

"The house of Karnstein is dead , the last Karnsteins died more than a hundred years ago
, my dear wife was a relative of the famiky on her mother's side . But nobody has the name Karnsteins today .
The castle walls fallen down and the village has been empty for fifty years '" my father said .

"You are right . I have learned a lot about the karnsteins since I last saw you. But I must start at the beginning of my story. ? You knew dear Bertha-my child ... I may call her , she was as perfect as a rose , only three months ago , she was a picture of health ! ""He said .

'" yes , poor thing! ! When I last saw her , she was very lovely . I was shocked and sad to hear your terrible news"my father said.

Tears failed the old soldier's eyes . He didn't try to hide them....

Our carriage slowed down as we reached the turning to Karnstein . We turned onto a much narrower road . Not much traffic came this way now..
And it was full of holes.. the trees wre very old and very tall here and the road was dark ,,,, we could just see the sun until it went behind a cloud .

' how far is it to the old village ? Asked general .

"It's about fifteen minutes drive from here ,, please General tell us your story !"'

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hey friends
Hope u all have best day :)
Please don't forget vote and comments

And so sorry I updated too late but I was really sick :\
Love u all <3