Part 21

I hope you never see Carmilla again" .

Just then , a very strange man walked slowly into the little church. He was very tall with long , thin arms, and dressed in black .  His face was brown and he wore a pair of gold glasses and a large black hat . His long, grey hair reached his shoulders .

'My dear man' cried the general ..'How happy i am to see you!Thank you for coming so quickly '.

My father now returned from the side room of the church, the General called him to meet the stranger .He introduced them, and all three began to talk very seriously.  The stranger took a piece of paper from his pocket .he opened it flat on a gravestone in the centre of the church . The three men looked at the paper and then at the building around them . It seemed to be a map, and they were finding different points on it .
From another point., the stranger produced a little book with yellow pages .
He read from the book to the others.

They walked around the church , talking all the time. Finally they all stopped in one corner.they pulled back the plants and found a large stone grave .  A name was cut into the stone . It was the lost grave of Mircalla , Countess Karnstien...

The old General lifted his hands and eyes to the sky.  He made a long , low noise, like a man in great pain. After a time, he was able to speak......

""Tomorrow, we will bring a judge here from Gratz.we will open this grave and we will bring to an end more than one hundred years of terror'' he said to my father.

The General then turned to the stranger with the gold glasses.
'My dear friend , how can I thank you ? How can we all thank you?? At last , we have found the home of terrible enemy '.

My father took the two men to one side. They continued their conversation , looking often at me. I am sure that they were discussing my illness ...

Then my father came to me and took my arm.we left the church and he kissed me.
"It's time to go home , But before we go home, we must find the priest . He lives near here, and we'll invite him back to the castle' He said ..

When we reached home , I was very tired . I was more tired than i have ever been! I was unhappy to find no news of  Carmilla..