The How

Stiles POV

"Scott...Jackson...Stiles... Sit down" Derek broke the seemed 5 minute silence. "When I woke up I could barely move. I made my way eventually to my house and I started regaining my strength. I had enough to walk when Deucalion came with the pack looking for the stone. I wandered deep in the woods to a cabin and I hid the stone. Once I got the power shift. I started dreaming about the Stone. So the curiosity finally grew to the point I retrieved it. I did what the dream instructed. I used my claw nail and inserted it. At that point I blacked out. I woke up about a month ago. I got up and felt lighter on my feet than usual. I saw amazingly. I could smell better. When I shifted, everything was different..." Derek closed his eyes and took a couple breaths before starting again. “When I shifted I felt completely aware and in control. I the animals and any living creature was almost pinpointed with a ripple effect. Everything was different." I can't believe what I'm hearing! Derek is like the other Alphas in Deucalion Pack! The Stone is what he needed! His Pack can’t grow stronger without the stone. "That's why that dude wanted the stone!" I blurted out. That Right! I'm still the only smart one here."Stiles what do you mean?" Derek said His Face Curious. As well as Scott and Jacksons. They are still oblivious... That won't ever change." In my class a couple weeks ago my professor was talking about how a living thing can only get so strong with the original substance. Deucalion and his Wolves are as strong as they can get. He wants the stone because that is the boost they need to be stronger. If they had the stone nothing could stop them!" Derek, Scott and Jackson let it all sink in before Derek finally spoke. “If you’re right... they cannot have the stone." Derek said with this worried tone. Like maybe he thought they may be able to get it. "So Scott are you still an Omega?" Shit! I don't think Derek will like the answer he is about to get. Is there even a way to tell him that will be a good way..."Scotts Our Alpha" Dammit Jackson....? You just had to do you. Scott just stared at Jackson "Scott you’re not an Alpha." Scott looked up in a confused haze. "Derek I get that you were the Alp...” Derek cut Scott off "Scott I don't mean it like that. I mean you aren’t the Alpha yet. The eye color of red signals to your own and all other packs you are in charge." Scott flashed his eye color of golden. Derek flashed his of Red with those spirals that honestly turned me on. Wait what!? Stop thinking like that Stiles! "I'm an Alpha." Scott growled... "Well how do I become the Alpha?" Scott Demanded. Silence "Derek!" More silence.... "Derek Ha...” Derek Interrupts "You have to Challenge the Original Alpha Scott... If I were dead you would be the Alpha. But I'm not." Scott closed his eyes. “Scott you need to be the Alpha" We all looked at Derek in complete surprise. What happened to the old Derek!