Ch 4 Percy Jackson

I smile at Chiron and he gives me a small smile in return. Then Chiron's expression turns hard. He signs Nico to come and he whispers in Nico's ear.

I can't tell what he was saying, all I caught was the word 'she'. I assume he is whispering about me. After Chiron is done Nico stands up and starts to leave the room.

I stop him, "Where are you going?" I ask.

He looks at me solemnly and I realize this is how he always is, he doesn't show express at all, "Chiron would like to speak with you." he says, "Alone."

Nico continues to walk out of the room and I turn to Chiron, feeling like I'm in the principals office.

"Dani." He says, "That's a beautiful name."

"Thank you." I whisper, "My mother always thought it was pretty."

"Where is your mother Dani?" he asks questioningly.

"She..." I say looking down, "she died from cancer when I was 8."

"Oh, I'm so sorry Dani, I didn't know." he says looking as if he's pitying me.

I manage a weak smile, "It's ok."

"So, Dani. I wonder if you know what this place is. What has Nico told you? How did you meet him?"

I think for a momment, "I was walking along the beach. Well, I shouldn't say walking I was running. Running away from these octopus things. I banged 2 of them on the head with a stick and I drowned the other one in a pile of logs. Then I started walking back to my home under the freeway. I saw a guy, Nico, looking threw my stuff, so I confronted him. He said that he saw my little fight with the octopus guys. I asked him how he got here before me and he... traveled me here."

"What do you mean by traveled?"

"I... I don't know. It just like went dark and I appeared here." 

Chiron thought for a moment and come to a conclusion, "Well, you must be tired, I will show you to your room and we can continue this conversation in the morning."

Chiron rolled his wheel chair out the door and I followed. He leads me into a room with a bed, desk, dresser, and mini bathroom attached. It was all neat, the bed was made with extra blankets just in case. The desk had paper in one corner and a cup with pencils and pens in the other.

"There are fresh clothes in the dresser and essentials in the bathroom. Try to have a goodnight sleep Dani, I'll see you in the morning." Chrion says.

I lay down on the bed tiredly and sigh. Soon enough I was under the covers and my eyes were closed, but I can't sleep. My eyes are closed but all I can see blurry images from when I was little and everybody was happy.

I was running under the kitchen table away from my mom laughing. She would come up and grab me and pull me into her arms laughing. She'd cover me with kisses and pull back and say, "I love you Dani."

I just can't sleep, and I can't keep watching those images either, so I raise myself from bed and tiptoe to the door. It creaks open and I make my way to the front door. I still see light underneath Chiron's door but he doesn't come out.

I open the large front door and step out. I walk around the camp silently staring at every cabin. One of them has big gold and white pillars and Zeus carved into marble on the top. Is dead black with a skull on the top and the name Hades. 'That looks like Nico.' I think to myself.

The one that grabs my attention the most is a blue one, with carved waves and tridents. It door handle is shaped like seaweed and the door it's self is deep sea blue. At the top of this one is the name Poseidon.

As I head towards the beach I pass an archery station, stables, weapon storage (as it says on the sign), and an area. Once I reach the beach I was about to go and sit on the shore when I see somebody.

He's got black hair and he's in the water, spiraling it up like a hurricane. I stare in amazement. He forms it into a fist, a trident, a fish. As I stare I clumsily trip on rock, and I fall to the ground making a 'Thunk'.

The water falls and the boy with the black hair turns back facing me. I raise my head from the sand and look at him.

He steps out of the water and I notice he is completely dry. He walks up towards me and puts out a hand, "You ok?" he asks.

I take his hand and stand. His eyes are sea green, just like mine, "Uh... Ya. I'm fine."

"What's your name?" he asks me while I brush sand off my clothes.

"Dani, Dani Miller."

"Nice to meet you." he says, "My name is Percy Jackson."