Ch. 13

Percy showed me a place to hide in the woods. It's not that far away from the flag. They decided to put me there cause they knew that I wouldn't exactly be amazing at hand to hand combat. My partner with me to guard the flag was Nico. He wasn't going to play until I convinced him to. 

                       I sit up in the trees. A few trees over from me is the red flag hung on a branch. You wouldn't be able to reach it without climbing up the tree. As a first line of defense, Nico is stationed right above the flag in the tree. 

                       I can hear fighting off in the distance but nothing to close. 

                       "I noticed that practice with Annabeth did not go so well." Nico whispers from a few trees over, "Did your sword have a grudge on her or something?" 

                        I glare at him, "No!" I whispers loudly, "It was... an accident." 

                       Fire swarms above trees a half a mile or so in front of us. Leo, I automatically think. I hope he didn't burn any of my teammates down. 

                       The fire subsides and I hear a bloodcurdling scream. Well, there went my hopes for no one getting hurt. Percy had told me that when someone gets injured badly a centaur comes and picks them up, taking them to the infirmary.

                       I was about to say something to Nico when out of nowhere Frank hopes out of the woods and runs into the stream in front of us. He looks shaken up and some of his clothes are singed.  After a moment of water he steps out of the creek and is breathing heavy. Shaking his head  to get so e of the water out, Leo comes out behind him. 

                      "Heyyyyyy." He grins, "How'd you like my fire skills?"

                     Frank stumbles frightened, "Leo!" He turns around, "Really! Did you just happen to forget that my life depends on a BURNABLE stick!" 

                    Stick? I think, His life depends on a stick? How did that happen? 

                    "Ohhhhhh, come on party pooper! You don't even have the darn stick with you! Hazel has it!" Leo yells.

                     "She could've been right there! DO YOU REALIZE THAT I DIE IF THAT STICK BURNS?" 

                    "Well when you put it that way. I don't know Frank! I mean you gotta admit that setting things on fire is at least kinda fun. Like blowing things up! Oh ya! Did you know that once-"

                      I move and a branch cracks. The voice enters my mind, Bad move armature. It says. SHUT UP! I think to myself and my entire body goes still.    

                     "Did you hear that?" Frank asks. 

                      Nico looks at me, Really, he mouths.   

                      "I didn't hear anything." Leo says, obviously annoyed that Frank interrupted him. 

                     Frank walks across the creek getting closer to us. He takes the bows and he back and ready's it with an arrow. As he gets closer he looks father up into the trees, closer to me and Nico.