Ch. 47

For a moment I don't even think about thinking before I speak, "What?! Nico, if you know that man you have to tell me where from!"
Nico looked up at the sky with his hands behind his head, "I have no idea. I've seen all sorts of people in all sorts of places, he could be from anywhere."
"Oh." I say relaxing myself again, I can't help but try and think about where Nico would know Arnold Jones and how he knows him.
We were silent for a while before Percy and Annabeth came wandering back. I looked over at Nico and he had fallen asleep. I decide it was best to fall asleep before Annabeth was right in front of me asking questions. As I roll over to sleep I hear them talking to each other as they got closer, "We have no where to go," Annabeth says to Percy.
"Well we can always consult the camp an-" Percy gets cut off by Annabeth, "I don't want to consult the camp on where to go, I really don't even want to consult Rachel unless we have to."
Rachel... I think, that's the girl who passed out and has the spirit of the Oracle or whatever it is, right?
Percy and Annabeth continue there conversation, "I get you don't want to but if we have no lead, we should go back to camp."
I can tell Annabeth was frustrated by the sound of her voice, "Fine, if I can't think of anything or we have no leads we'll go to camp."
After hearing that conversation I settle myself in to really sleep and it surprisingly doesn't take me long to doze off.
Strangely enough I didn't have a single dream that night, but when morning rolls around I'm more shaky than ever. Being able to fall asleep easily is strange enough, but not having a dream? Just plain weird. While Percy and Annabeth are thinking over what very few options we have I could tell Nico was looking at me. I tried to ignore it but it was kind of hard.
After a little while we all start back to camp with no other leads or any place to go.
As we walked you can that Annabeth was unhappy with the situation. I suppose I'm a little unhappy that we've basically started off failing, but I mean, the faster I can stop being shaken up the better.
About 30 minutes pass by in the blink of an eye, and now I wish I had enjoyed those 30 minutes of walking. Nico, who has been entirely silent the entire time, says, "Stop walking," in a stern voice. I stop immediately. Annabeth and Percy stop. Percy turns around, "What's wrong?"
"Be silent," Nico whispers, "there are strange spirits here."
Ok, if I wasn't already chilled to the bone now I am, I don't recall running into anything strange on our adventure through the woods to the shack so why is something here now?
Out of the corner of my eye I see Nico kneel down the ground and lay his hands on it, almost like he's feeling for something. His eyes get wide, "We need to leave. Now."