Ch. 37

I just want to sleep. Forever. But not die... but sleep forever. How does that work?
--------

When packing for a trip in which you might not survive, I have a few tips for you. If you've ever been in this situation, these suggestions could come in handy.

1. Go ahead and write a will. What's the harm it could do? It's important to know who gets your belongs when your dead. While this helpful hint is great for others, I have no friends. So I think I'll skip this one.

2. Food. Ya sure, I would be saying "water" but I have an unlimited supply of that if I end up thirsty. Food however... does not come out of nowhere when me and Percy ask for it. Which is a big bummer considering his blue pizza cravings. Be sure to pack lots of food, or at least how much you can store in a tiny backpack after everything is in there.

3. Finally, friends. A quest is a mission to accomplish a task. What that task is... well, we have an idea of what to do, but we're not exactly sure yet. So, as this is my first quest, and the possibility of my death would be high, taking along some friends drops my possible death down much lower on the scale. Take friends, save your life.

My zipper is about to pop off my of my backpack and I haven't even thought about tip number 2 yet. My hands cramp a little from trying to pry the two sides of the fabric together and I let go. Falling back, I lean against my bed, "I have to take something out." I tell myself aloud, and start looking through thy bag.

My playing card will be in my pocket. I have two changes of clothes, a phone that Leo whipped up for me that's untraceable, and other assorted items in my bag that I won't go into detail about. I was about to put my armor on when Percy had told me I don't need it. I was confused at first but thank goodness, I don't want to be lugging that around for who knows how long.

I take a look in my bulging bag for an item to leave behind. A pair of shoes lay on the top, WAIT, shoes? I'm wearing shoes, I don't need an extra pair of shoes. Realized that I've found something, I pull those out, and with minor difficulty, it zips.

Leaving the Poseidon cabin behind, I go outside to see Annabeth waiting for me, and Nico too. No sign of Percy though.

I walk up to them and set my bag down. Annabeth is looking through a small bag in her hand, he actual backpack by her side.
"What's that?" I ask, trying to peak inside of the bag.

She looks up at me and moves her blonde curls out of the way, "Oh hey Dani. Well, you'll be needing some of this."
She pulls out another little bag from her pocket and pours drachma and regular money alike from the original bag into the small bag. She hands it to me, "Here, we gotta have some way for transportation and food don't we?"
Food, I think, of course, "Ya, that's a little important."

Nico is standing with his bag slung over his back on one shoulder, he has his sword at his side. The blackness of the metal shimmers from the sunlight.
Annabeth gets a bag of money for Percy and Nico as well. Nico takes his and stuffs it in his pocket.

Percy comes running up a few moments later with his bag. He has a big grin on his face, I'm not sure why, considering we might be killed. He's got to be used to this though, all of them do. Except for me.