Ch. 16

All I can see is water. After Clarisse charged towards Percy in anger a wall of water swarmed around them. 

                       Before I can even think about helping Percy I hear Leo scream. Looking down I see a ginormous black 3 headed dog, with red eyes. It's mouth is foaming and it's growling. Frank and Leo start to back up. 

                        Using my weird reflexes that I didn't know I had I quickly get down from the tree. I run in front of Frank and Leo, pulling out my sword. What are you doing? My mind tells me. Your gonna get your self killed! I shake that thought out of my mind. 

                        I crawl on top of the 3 headed monster and ride it's back. It snarls in protest. I run up it's back making my way to the top of it's head. It starts she shaking and I grab it's fur to hold on. Army crawling, I sit on top of the middle head. I take my sword and stab it's neck. Again and again I stab the beast, it screams in agony every time. It lifts it's paw to it's middle head and scratches me with it's sharp claws. It  rips open my shirt and a gash appears on the side of my arm. 

                        I ignore it and go to the left head and stab it over and over too. The I crawl to the right head, stabbing it the dog falls to the ground, dust and dirt flying everywhere. I hop of it's head and land on my butt. Standing up, I turn around just in time to see the creature turn to dust.

                       I sit back down on the floor exhausted. I feel the soreness setting in, and the pain in my arm. I reach over and feel my arm, pulling it back, my hand is covered with blood. I sigh. 

                      Nice move. Says the voice, You deserve a prize. A little card appears in front of me. It's face down and on the back is a picture of an ocean wave. I pick it up with my clean hand. On the other side is a J in two of the corners with a club beneath each one. The background is blue with little pinches of black everywhere. Then I realize what it is. It's a playing card. That jack of spades. Why would this lady (I assume it's a lady cause of the voice) give me a jack of clubs? I ponder on it. This make no sense. 

                    Then I stuff the card in my pocket and look up. Leo and Frank are staring at me, and the bubble of water around Percy and Clarisse is gone and they aren't fighting. Behind them is Chiron and Annabeth and everyone else from the camp. They saw everything, I assume. I see that Annabeth is holding the others teams flag. We won. 

                     Chiron isn't in his wheelchair, he's a horse. Like a horse. Half horse, half human. He starts clapping and galloping towards's me, "Nice job." he says, "That was very brave."

                     "Thank you." I whisper.  

                     He offers me his hand and I take it. Everybody starts clapping slightly. I'm happy, but slightly confused. "Alright!" Chiron yells to everyone, "Good game today, you are dismissed." 

                      Chiron trots away and everyone leaves. Nico climbs out of the tree, holding our flag. Annabeth walks over to Percy. I over hear their chat, "How?" Annabeth asks, "It's not possible for a monster to get in here!" 

                      "It could be the tre-" Percy starts.

                       "No." Annabeth firmly says, "We fixed it." 

                       I ignore the rest and pull the jack out of my pocket. The voice had said that I deserved it. But what is it?