Ch. 25

Bam. I'm confused. I have no idea, not a single clue what he's talking about, "Wha? Huh?" I say.

"A quest is-" Chiron starts but then gets cut off by a guy who burst into the room, "Chiron, sir, it's Rachel."

Chiron nods, "Come you three, let us see what she has said."

I still confused, follow Annabeth, Percy, and Chiron as they walk out the door. We walk out the building and there's a group of people standing around this girl with frizzy red hair. The girl looks like she's about to faint, and then does so.

We run up to her, (Chiron now in centaur form) and push through the crowd, "Did anyone happen to catch what she said?" Chiron asks around.

"I did." A guy says. He's got blond hair, a bow, and sheath over his back, "She said, Four are chosen to do a quest, far they go to do their best, two with waves, and one that's brave, the last one chosen by the new, and he will have to be the glue."

Chiron thinks for a moment, scratching his beard, then he comes to a con-conclusion, "We will discus this at dinner tonight, you are dismissed."

The blonde haired boy along with help from Percy pick up the red-haired girl and carry her of to the big house. Everybody starts dissipating into other parts of the camp, and I hear Annabeth start to mumble, "Whatcha mumblin 'bout?"

She looks up at me, "Two with waves, and one that's brave. The waves obviously are you and Percy, but what about the brave? It could be and Ares child? It-it could be anyone..."

"Who might you think the fourth might be?" I ask, realizing like Annabeth is very smart.

"Well..." She starts, "chosen by the new. I guess you have to be the 'new' because we haven't had any new kids for a couple of weeks, unless somebody arrives today."

"Me?" I ask," But I hardly know anybody here! How am I supposed to choose someone?"

"Don't ask me," She reply's, "go with your senses."

Some girl runs up and calls Annabeth's name, she turns, "Ya Katie?"

"Think you could help us over here?" Katie asks.

"Sure." Annabeth says, walking away.

The crowd is completely gone and I'm left standing alone. I put my hands in my hoodie pocket and start to make my way to the beach.

The water is a deep blue, and it smells of salt. The waves crash up on the shore and turn into ripples. The sun is going down and light shines beautiful colors onto the sea, "It's been a long day." I say aloud.

"I agree." A voice comes out from behind me. I jump. It's Percy.

He comes over and sits down next to me, "Does he even care about us?" I ask.

"Poseidon?" Percy guesses.

"Ya."

"He does. It just... takes a while before he shows it."

We sit in silence for a moment and then I ask, "Do you hope it's Annabeth? The 'brave' one."

"Well why wouldn't I?"

"I guess that's true..." I say, "but, if I'm the 'new' one, who am I supposed to choose?"

Percy looks at me, "This is your quest, you choose whoever you want."

I scratch the back of my head, "Well... I have a person in mind, but I don't he'll come."

"Who?"

"Nico..."

Percy bites his lip, "Yeah... that's tough. If you prove you need him, he might come."

"You really think so?" I ask.

"Ya! You just gotta prove it."