Ch. 14

"Leo." Frank whispers, "Come here."

"Why?" Leo whines, "Its-" he reaches out his hand and moves it up and down, "-so far."

"Leo!" Frank yells, "Just come here!"

Leo wanders over exaggerating every step. Once he gets over the creek he walks up to Frank and leans on his shoulder.

Frank grabs Leo's hair and lifts his head towards the tree that I'm in.

"Ow!!!" Leo screeches.

Frank points up at the me in the tree, "Look." He says. He points right at me. I'm glad that he doesn't see Nico and the flag, but what was I supposed to do now, "Do you see her?"

Leo looks up, squinting his eyes, "Where?" he asks, "Ohhh. Right there. What do we do? I don't see the flag with her. "

"She could just be a guard," Frank says, "which mean that the flag is close by."

He starts walking around in front of me, peering into the rest of the trees. I look over at Nico and he's not there. I look down towards the flag and Nico is climbing down to the flag.

I open my mouth in protest but if I say something to him Frank will catch on and follow my gaze towards Nico. I quickly silence myself and turn the other way. After a few seconds I peer back too the flag. NICO HAS THE FLAG. HE IS TAKING THE FLAG UP FARTHER INTO THE TREE.

I put my hand over my mouth and look back towards Frank. One wrong move, I think, and Nico AND the flag will go tumbling out of that tree.

Frank seems to hear the rustling coming from Nico. He starts to look up in the exact tree that he's in. I know that I have to do something quick or Nico will be caught. I start making all the loud noises that I possibly can in the tree to get there attention. I'm shaking branches, throwing sticks, climbing up and down.

Leo turns his head first and then Frank does. I start going down the tree all the way to the last branch. What are you doing! I think to myself, You go down there, and they'll fight you! Your no match against them! Compared to them you are basically a little bitty parasite.

As I reach the last branch, I jump down. Frank walks back over to me and Leo follows him. I stand with my sword at my side feeling like a jerk, an idiot, a moron.

I'm about to run back up the tree when I remember something, Percy controlled the water. He controlled the water... and he's a son of Poseidon and I'm a daughter. Shouldn't I be able to control the water from the creek?

I focus on the water, still feeling like an idiot, nothing happens. Leo looks at me confused, "What are you-"

I feel a tug in my gut. Water comes flying from the creek splashing Frank ad Leo knocking them down to the ground. I command the water to form its self around them like a rope, and it does so, capturing Frank and Leo tightly.

"What the-" Frank starts, but the water cuts him off.

I smile, feeling proud of myself. As I walk pass them I give a thumbs up to Nico, who had been watching the whole thing from high up in the tree, safe with flag.