Ch. 54

oof it's been a while. sry guys, i suck. on the bright side 99k! srsly tho, 99k??? that's insane. thanks my dudes.

I've kinda of been questioning how one is supposed to react to the stare of death looking them down across a hotel parking lot. I mean, I I understand that Nico, Percy, and Annabeth are all trained fighters who are very experienced and all, but all I want to do right now is wet my pants and I don't understand how they don't experience that feeling. Actually, scratch that, I really hope they do secretly experience that feeling and just don't tell anyone. That would make me feel much better.
To put it bluntly, I'm standing here, literally defenseless, and about to freaking die of fright and my only response is to freeze. Forget fight or flight, it's fight, flight, or freeze. I don't even think my heart is beating. My eyes are locked in on this lady. She closes the car door and looks at me almost with a smile.
"Oh my, this is no place for a pretty little girl like you to be all alone," her voice sounds almost exactly like nails on a chalkboard. Not even exaggerating here.
Her little chihuahua stares me down and starts to growl. A snake like tongue flicks from the fat lady's mouth as she talks down to her dog, "Now hold on Sonny, not quite yet."
My palms are sweating beyond belief but I'm still unable to move. It feels as if i've been standing here for years and yet it's only be a minute or two.
"My darling, I'm here to have a chat with you. You see, I'm quite aware of who you are and I'm even more aware of the situation you're in. You've got a voice in your head that ain't supposed to be there and you're trying to find it aren't you."
I gulp as quietly as I can and silently pray that somebody will find me standing here petrified. How does she know who I am? How does she know why I'm here?
"And I'll tell you what, I'm gonna make you a deal. You come with me and I'll tell you who the voice inside you is. In fact, I'll even take you to this person so you can find out all you want to know. All I ask in return is a rematch."
Somehow I manage to croak out words, "...a rematch?"
"Oh yes my dear, a rematch. You see, many years ago me and my Sonny here met your brother. Sadly however he ran away in fear before I could really even face him. All I'm asking for is a little bit of vengeance."
Something about this doesn't seem right to be but it's almost tempting. I want to know, I really do. There's no guarantee that by going on this quest we'll be able to come to a solid conclusion on who this voice in my head is. But... if I go with this lady then maybe I will. Maybe I will have all my questions answered. A little rematch wouldn't be too bad, right? Percy would be fine...
"A rematch you say?" A voice comes from behind me, "Well gee, I'd love to kick your butt. Been waiting to for years."
My head breaks free from terror and whips around to the sight of a just woken up Percy standing not far from me. Annabeth and Nico stand close behind him.
Oh thank the heavens.
I look back towards the lady. She has a slight grimace on her face but quickly replaces it with a sly smile. Sonny the chihuahua starts growling again but she doesn't stop him this time. His growls steadily get deeper and louder as his little dog body starts to transform. His head morphs into that of a lions. The head of snake replaces the end of his tail and his body merges into a goats. Giant claws sprout from his from his front paws and his fur grows long and shaggy. He roars as if letting Percy know he's up for the challenge. All I hope is that Percy is up for the challenge too.