Ch. 27

I wake up and Percy's already gone, probably to sword fighting or being with Annabeth or something. The sun shine through the window next to me, blinding my sleepy eyes. I sit up, stretching my arms and yawning.

                  Peeling the covers off my body the cold air touches my legs, I shiver. Stepping out of bed my bed I walk over to Percy's bed. Kneeling on his bed I peer out the window that faces the ocean. The waves crash on the shore that Nico and I had talken on the night before. My face darkens, Nico. I don't why he doesn't want to come. I have to find more out about that guy.

                 I remember how he had told me his sister had died. Then what was Hazel? Hazel's dad is Hades or Pluto, I don't know. Then I start to think, did Nico sister Bina, or Binca, or Bianca or whatever it was. Did she die in the war that I heard about? The one where Leo had 'died' but then came back. Is that when she died?

                Pushing that thought out of my head, I stand up off Percy's bed and hobble over to mine again. Looking out my window I can see some of the other cabins. People are waking up, going to there lessons or any where else. Some are grabbing breakfast, others get breakfast and head back to bed.

                I stand up making my way over to my dresser. The drawers are practically empty. I grab a pair of jeans and of the orange Camp Half-Blood t-shirt. As I take of my ragged, old, clothes the cold air comes across me. Goosebumps appear on my legs. I hurry up and through on my jeans and shirt, brush my teeth, my hair, and everything else. I head out the door.

                The door to Poseidon cabin closes after me. I turn to go to breakfast. My eyes still have sleepy in them but I try to see straight, even though my vision is a bit blurry. 

                 I make it to breakfast without bumping into anything or anybody, which I guess is good. I notice that the Hades table is unoccupied, but I spot Percy and Annabeth at the Poseidon table together. They don't see me but I go over there and sit down next to Percy, across from Annabeth. My head slumps onto the table. 

                 "Tired?" Percy asks me, laughing a little bit. 

                 I groan my head popping back up. I'm about to put it back down again with a plate pops up with food on it. For some reason when I spot that cinnamon roll I almost drool. My reach for it and take a bite and Annabeth and Percy talk. 

                  Finishing my cinnamon roll I spot a chocolate chip waffle on my plate. I go to grab it when a horn blasts, what sounds like right behind my head. I jerk up and so does everybody else. A kid is standing outside of the eating area looking like he'd just seen a ghost, "ATTACK!" He yells, his voice squeaking.

                  Percy stands up immediately and pulls out a pen, That is not useful. I think to myself. He clicks it and it turns into a sword. Oh. That's what he meant when he said my words cut like a sword... My eyebrows raise so high they almost go off my head. 

                   I search around in my pockets and people are running and screaming, a pull out a playing card, I hurriedly rip in half and a sword appears in my hands. "Empusai!" I hear a kid scream. 

                   These creepy looking monsters come out of nowhere, to me they look really jacked up. "Kelli..." I hear Percy say, his sword ready to strike a few feet away from me.