Ch. 43

GUYS. I REALLY REALLY THINK THIS STORY IS CRAP... AND WITH 20K? HOW IN THE WORLD??!!?! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH. THIS IS FREAKING AMAZING. 

u guys r so awesome, truly. 

                                                                                             -----

              "I'm afraid that I must ask you all to leave."  The old man stared blankly out a spider covered window near him. 

               My eyes widen in a sense of shock, and despair. If this man is to turn us down, where can we turn for my "personal" head issues. I turn around to leave and realize that the others don't budge. I look at them with a face of 'what are you doing?' and Annabeth speaks up, "Sir, why must we leave? Can't you help us?" 

                The man's brow becomes furred and his gaze turns back to us, "Did I not speak correctly? I'm sorry, it must be age. I need all of your to leave, except for the one experiencing these "voices" in their head." 

                 We stare at him for a moment, none of us speak. The old man becomes frustrated and huffs, "Well, you do have the infected child with you, don't you? It's one of you, is it not? I need the others to leave, not far, just at the edge of the woods or so. Out of earshot." 

                  Before I can protest about them leaving me with a crazy man who could likely lean on one of these walls and the house would collapse on me, Nico starts to walk out without a word. His footsteps are so silent I almost don't notice them. 

                  Percy puts out his arm, "Sir, is that... really necessary?" 

                 Dear boy, I wouldn't play with a raging fire if I was you. I go to wack myself on my head to get her out, and to assure myself that I'm not insane. However, I'm not positive I can guarantee that to myself anymore. It might not be true.

                 A deadly look comes from the mans eyes towards Percy, "Yes. It is necessary, very necessary." 

                 Annabeth tugs are Percy's arm, "Lets go, she whispers." She turns towards me as they walk past, "We're not going far." Thanks for the assurance, I wanted to say. 

                 Once Percy, Annabeth, and Nico, are out the door, the man walks over and shuts it loudly. He turns to me and I swallow every ounce of self-confidence I have. I am completely useless in this moment. I start to accept my death as the elderly man stands in front of me, assessing my every move. 

                 "So you, you are the infected one." He speaks softly, as if he thinks that the others at listening at the door. I wouldn't be surprised if they are. 

                  I try to fight my urge to speak, but, infected? That's a strong word, and for some reason, it ticks me off. My horrid desire takes over, "Sir,-" (always start politely if you're aiming to not die) "-I just don't understand what you mean by 'infected'." 

                   He turns his head side wards and one his thinning, white, bushy eyebrows lifts up in surprise, "Well. That's what it is, isn't it. An infection. And sometimes, to fight an infection, an operation is required." 

                 The man puts his hands on my head and everything around me fades into darkness.