Ch. 48

Whose stressed out about exams? I'm stressed out about exams!
———

Let's just say that running wasn't an option at this point. All of us could tell something wasn't right and Nico informing us we needed to leave didn't make my nerves feel better.
Annabeth quickly unsheathes a weapon and Nico does the same, man his sword makes me get chills.
I look at Percy to see his coarse of action but... he isn't doing anything. He's standing, with his eyes glossed over like he's in a trance, or a deep thought.
Suddenly, skeletons, zombies, whatever ever you wanna call them just start crawling out of the ground. The clothes they're wearing look like centuries old armor and the weapons they hold appear rustic. I quickly remind myself that even though everything in the picture is old or dead, it call still kill me.
They start approaching and closing in, and yet Percy still has they fixed look on his face, "...Nicole," he whispers to himself. Who is she? I️ wonder.
"Nico," Annabeth says, preparing for a fight, "did you summon these?"
Nico, who had already skewered one of the rotting flesh and bones looked sort of appalled at Annabeth, "If I had summoned these give me a good reason they'd be trying to kill us."
"Fair enough." Annabeth states as she kicks one of the undead in the chest. She looks at Percy, "Percy! Get out your sword and fight, you too Dani!"
I look back at Percy. I shake him a little and he jumps, "Wha? Oh, sorry. I was just... thinking."
"No time for thinking," I tell him.
The next few minutes were fast pace, energizing, and entertaining. They were also, scary, terrifying, and scaring. It was really cool to strike one of the skeleton zombies down, but also horrifying because I'm pretty dang new to these type of experiences. I️ really hope I'll get used to and get better at using my 'playing card' sword.
Percy, Nico, and Annabeth did most of the dirty work, but I️ was okay with that. After the last one was taken down, something very confusing happened. They didn't disintegrate. I'm not sure why, but it looked like the others were confused as well.
Nico bent down to get a better look at one, "These are monsters. These were people, just like ones I️ can summon... but I️ didn't summon them."
"And this is when we ask the question, who did then?" Annabeth adds in, getting a better look at one too.
Percy puts the cap on riptide and stands over Nico, "You said that these were strange spirits, what made them strange besides being undead and trying to kill us?"
Nico thought for a moment before answering, "I'm not really sure, it's not like the spirits themselves were necessarily strange, it was the presence of the summoner that was."
Annabeth stands up quickly, "Presence? You mean the person who sent these guys on us is still here?"
"Not still, was, he or she WAS here. Probably gone now."
I️ don't really see the purpose in checking out the re-dead people, but Nico and Annabeth continued to check them out, looking for clues or whatever.