ch. 58

how's it goin everyone? 

i'm in AP physics so... ya it's not goin. nowhere. my intelligence levels are hitting a record low. which is fun i guess. 

oh but hey! now not only is a pjo tv series in the works but a kane chronicles movie triology??? BRO. im so ready to my future kids to rick riordans future theme park section in disney.

---

All four of us filter our orders to the man behind the counter and then Annabeth and I headed off to the bathroom. As we're both washing our hands I can't help but ask, "You're positive we're not ACTUALLY being followed, right?" 

Annabeth gets a look on her face but then quickly counters it with a bit of a hopeful laugh, "We better not be."

That did not settle a single nerve I had. Thanks Annabeth. 

There's not many people in the restaurant so our food doesnt take long. Our number is called to which Percy and Annabeth walk up to get the food. After divvying up the food I realize that Nico only got a chocolate frosty to eat. He pokes at it with his spoon for a few seconds but reluctantly starts eating it. I almost swear I hear him whisper "It's not McDonalds..." 

Percy on the other hand, immediantly jumps into his food wasting no time. And by the look on his face when he starts eating you can tell it hit the spot with immediant satisfaction. 

"Why has it been so long since I've had Wendy's?" he rehtorically asks. 

Besides the four of us there's but two other tables occupied in the rest of the building, which is honestly perfectly fine with me. 

A few minutes of eating later and I notice that I'm out of sprite. Honestly, I didn't realize how thirsty I really was. So I grab my cup to get a refill. 

My cup is just about full when I feel a hand on my shoulder and a quiet voice whisper into my ear, "Is she in your head?"

I'm not sure what my instincts are doing here or why I react like this but my initial response is to drop my cup (which does not currently have a lid on it). The spite and ice spill all of the ground and all over me as I flip around quickly to look at whoever's behind me. But there's nobody there. From across the room I can see out the window a very pretty young lady walking through the parking lot. She glances, catches my eye, smiles, and waves intently. 

Everyone in the building is now looking at me weirdly, as they would be, and I quickly apologize and start grabbing napkins to clean it up. A worker with a mop comes from the back and offers herself to do it instead, but her voice sounds exactly like the one I've just heard. My instincts tell me to look up to thank her but all my eyes are set upon is the same girl that was outside in the parking lot right now. I quickly look back outside and she's gone. I turn back around and the worker with the mop is gone. 

Now I'm seriously freaked out. Like first class Daphne saying jeepers freaked out, actually, past that. I mean c'mon, people are appearing and disappearing and asking spooky questions. None of this is presidented.

Annabeth gets up and comes over to help me clean up the mess I've made all over the floor. I hear her say something about going back to the car to grab a change of clothes but it goes in one ear and out the other. I silently walk over to the window I swore I just saw this girl out of and look around wildly for an explanation to what just happened. A car passes, exiting the parking lot. I hardly notice it. 

I hear Percy get out of his seat behind and tell Nico that we need to leave. Nico objects, asking why (I suppose he hasn't finished that dissapointment of a frosty yet) and Percy doesn't respond. 

Next thing I know all four of us are exiting the building and walking towards the jeep. Once we're in Nico again inquires about why we left in a sudden mad dash.

"I just saw the SAME car go through this parking lot that has TOTALLY been following us the whole time," Percy responds. 

"Two cars of the same model and color can exist," Annabeth offers up. 

"No no, I remember the liscene plate. Two of the same liscene plates? On the same make and model and color? I don't think so," Percy rests his case, "And besides, did you see Dani in there? What the heck just happened dude?"

All three of them turn towards me for an explanation but honest to goodness I can't really give one.