Chapter 9 🖤

Emerson's POV

I loved the sound of his voice.

Am I falling for him?

Maybe. I know it's only been a few weeks of knowing him, but he treats me so well.He's the sweetest guy I've ever talked to, actually, the only guy.

After speaking to him, I slipped my phone into my dresser, falling onto my bed.

Why can't life be easier?

Groaning, I threw my pillow against the wall. "Maybe I can do something this weekend?" I think aloud.

Francisco came into mind, but I shook the thought away. He'd never like me. I'm too shy and shallow.

Frowning, I went out the back door and to my little treehouse. Climbing up the ladder, I fell onto the black beanbag. I haven't been up here in ages.

I snuggled up and started to read a book that I found a long time ago.

I stood beside the trash can, glaring at the couple. Tyler and Sasha aren't meant to be, I know it.

Growling, I stomped out of the hallway and through the main doors. "Fuck this! Fuck life!" I screamed. He knows I've liked him since the third grade and he tries to hurt me! I've been hurt enough in this lifetime. Losing my parents, best friend, pet, and now him. Slamming open the door to my house, I took a piece of paper out of my bag.

Dear Douchebag,

You've known I've liked you and you hurt me. You don't know how much it hurts. I see you kissing girls every week, and I knew you would do this to me. I loved you. No. I still love you and I can't change that. This is my only way of saying goodbye so... Goodbye. Forever
- Love, Evie

I sat it on my desk and started to run to the State Bridge. I breathed, stepping onto the edge. You have no meaning in life. Kill yourself. I listened to the voice in my head nod jumped. The last thing that I said was, "I love you, Tyler."

I feel tears trickle down my cheeks.

"Well, she wasn't wrong, he's a douchebag alright."

I lay down on the ground, snuggled up in a few blankets that I'd left in here for when I really needed them. Soon, I drifted off to sleep.
~*~
Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment xx