Chapter 12 🖤

Emerson's POV

It's summer and I don't know if what we said back there was true or not. He hasn't spoken to me since and I'm scared of rejection.

My hand grabbed the remote and I went to Netflix. I saw that American Horror Story was finally on and I squealed. "Yes! I've been waiting forever!"

I started to watch it and then there was a phone call. I paused it, pressing the talk button. "Hello?"

"Em, do you want to hang out tonight? Movies, popcorn, and more?" Francisco said. I could tell he was nervous. This was the first time for him to talk to me in two days, I've missed him.

"Yes! You picking me up?" I asked. He replied with 'yes' so I awaited his arrival. My mom was gone, doing some business, so the house was free for a few days. I'm so thankful.

The abuse I endure from her on the daily has my mind foggy.

The doorbell rings and I run to it, happy to see Francisco's smiling face. I jump into his arms and he held me, his strong arms wrapped around my body.

He's way taller than me, I love it. I take in his scent, peck his cheek, and hop down. We go to his truck and he holds the door open for me. "Wow, what a gentlemen," I say, acting flattered. I take a seat and when he's in, we drive to his place.

His parents were gone, sadly. I love how his mom treats me like I'm her own.

He starts popping popcorn and I choose the movie To All The Boys I Loved Before. I absolutely adore this movie. Comedy, romance, Peter Kavinsky...

I begin the movie as he takes a seat. The room was dark and the tv screen shone greatly. I rest my head on his shoulder and grab a bite of popcorn.

This is how I want every day to be. Him and I, movies, living our lives together. I want to be like Lara Jean and Peter. The romance flaring every time they're together.

"This movie is so cheesy," Francisco comments. I look up at him and glare, playfully punching his arm.

"Hey! This movie is one of my favorites, okay?" I say, offended. He chuckled. "Okay! I'm sorry, it's actually not that bad."

We sit through half of the movie and he's already sleeping. His head lay on my lap and his snores are light. I run my fingers through his wavy brown hair and sigh in content.

This is all I want. This is like a dream, yet it's reality and I can't believe I'm living in it.

~*~
Short and sweet💕

Fan, vote, comment xx