Chapter 11 🖤

Francisco's POV

I was freaking out.

Emerson wasn't at school and she wouldn't pick up her phone.

I brushed my fingers through my hair, think of the possibilities between her being taken or her oversleeping.

The first one is what scared me the most. My heart was racing erratically and my fingers were shaking. What could've happened to her? I thought.

Shaking the thoughts away, I decided to skip school. My anxiety might be getting the best of me, but I need to check on her, just to make sure she's okay.

I jogged out towards my car and hopped in, quickly turning it on. I drove out of the parking lot and sped towards Emerson's house.

Biting my lip, my hands tightened around the steering wheel, making them turn whitish.

My eyebrows creased and I knew that my eyes held worry. I hope you're okay Emmy.
***
Emerson's POV

I awoke with a slight groan. "Ugh," I sighed.

I had a pounding headache and I felt like crying. It hurt so much. I fell back onto the floor, making it worse than it was before. "What the heck!" I screamed.

I just wanted to go back to sleep and leave this world of darkness for awhile. I just want everything to be okay, for once.

Closing my eyes, I heard a noise from the outside of my treehouse.

"Emerson!" I heard a deep voice say. Shivers ran through me. I started to breathe deep breaths. "Emerson, where are you?!" The voice screamed. Knowing it was Francisco, I yelled, "Up here!"

He was up in mere seconds. He sighed in relief and walked towards me, enveloping me in a tight hug.

"I was so worried." His voice cracked in the end, making me want to cry. I held him close and whispered in his ear, "I'm okay, everything is okay." Only if I was telling the truth.  Nothing would or could ever be okay.

An innocent tear slipped down my cheek and onto his shoulder. I held in my breath, afraid that he felt it.

"Ar-are you crying?" He stuttered. "No..." I sniffled, "A piece of dust got caught in my eye."

I started wiping the tears away with the pads of his thumbs. He was so gentle, treating me as if I were a porcelain doll. He chuckled. A warm feeling filled my heart.

He was about to move away but I pulled him even closer. If that were possible. "No, just a little longer."

I loved the feeling of him and I so close, his breath fanning my cheek, the way his arms wrapped around my waist, and how we both mold perfectly together.

"I love you," he said, making me tense. My body relaxed and I couldn't believe my ears. He said he loved me. Tears brimmed my eyes and I whispered, "I love you too."
~*~
Just as fill in for all of you. This was actually a sweet little chapter and while I was writing it I was thinking of how this would probably never happen to me because I have no social life 😂

Fan

Vote

Comment

Follow