Heart-Hanamiya Makoto

"Why do you want to stay by my side (First name)!?" He yelled at you. You trembled slightly but you stood up and told him that you trust him.

"Why do you trust me so much!? Don't you see that you should not go near me!?" He said in frustration. You just smiled sadly and touched his cheek.

"I know who you are. I know what you've been through that's why I'm here to stay by your side." You said truthfully. He just hang his head but you suddenly felt your throat tightening. You felt his hands holding it.

"H-Hanamiya."

~Dream Ends~

"WAH!" You woke up panting. You touched your face and you could feel the sweat running down your forehead.

"What was that dream? It's a weird one. I do wonder how is Hanamiya now." You said to yourself. You quickly bathed and dressed yourself. After that, you bade your mom farewell and went to school early. You saw Hanamiya walking close towards the gate so you called out to him.

"Hanamiya!"
"Sigh...What do you want (First name)?"
"Are you going to practice today?"
"Dunno, don't care." With that, he continued walking and you were left there standing. Sadness filled your heart but you decided to just smile it away.

"Sigh... He's always like that." You murmured. Suddenly, you were greeted by your bestfriend, Momo. She saw your face and guessed that it was Hanamiya again.

"Should you really go near him (First name)? I mean, everyone doesn't think that you should get close with him. Have you heard what they did during the Winter Cup? Something to do with Seirin I think? I heard that he played dirty with them and got their player, Kiyoshi, to declare things about protecting his teammates." She rambled. You knew about it. It really saddened you but you have to face it all with smile. You told her that you knew and that maybe someday he'll change. She doubted that.

"I don't know about that (First name). Anyways, let's go. I don't want to be late this time."
"Hahaha! Well, you slept in last time that's why you're late." You laughed at her silliness.

"Come on!"

~After Class~

"I'll see you tomorrow (First name)!"

You waved her goodbye and went to the gym. There, you saw the players practicing but it seemed like the first string of Kirisaki Dai Ichi weren't even trying. You went inside and greeted everyone. Sometimes, you just really want to visit them and soon, they got used to it.

"Where's Hanamiya?"
"He went somewhere. A girl wanted to confess to him or something." A second string said. It worried you for a bit but at the same time, you could feel a slight pang of jealousy in your heart. You didn't know why but you decided to spy for a bit.

"They said it should be around here."

"WHY!? IS THERE SOMEBODY THAT YOU LIKE!? TELL ME HANAMIYA-KUN!" A girl with brown hair and yellow dye at the tip yelled. It made you shiver for a while but you heard Hanamiya said something.

"I'm not interested with somebody but don't get your hopes up 'cause it'll never be you." He said then he grabbed her chin and licked her chin. It made you feel weird so you quickly fled the scene.

'I couldn't believe this! Maybe Momo was right all along. I don't know anymore.' You thought. Once you reached the gym, you helped everyone. Hanamiya soon came and saw you helping them. You could feel his stare from far away but you ignored him.

This continued for days. He didn't mind it but soon, you stopped coming to the gym and it bothered him a bit. He went to ask you but you just said that you were just really busy and all. He didn't believe you but he let it slide for now. You didn't want to be obvious so you went back to what you've been doing. You decided that this time, you'll try to change him and the team. You want the others to realize that they're just misunderstood.

"You really want to change him (First name)?" Momo asked. You nodded.

"They're not that bad Momo. They're just...misunderstood."
"I don't know (First name). Something doesn't feel right to me." She murmured silently. You could say the same but you tried to ignore it.

"Momo. I want you to do something for me. Give this to Hanamiya and don't let anyone read this except him. Please?"
"(First name)..."
"Promise me."
"Sure."
"Thanks."

~Hanamiya's POV~

'Why!? Why does she always stay by my side!? I don't need her! Let others think that way, I don't need their opinion! We play the way we play!' I thought bitterly as I sat by the benches. It frustrates me how can (First name) be with me.

"Is there something that bothers you Hanamiya?"
"Nothing. Where's (First name)?"
"Outside." He said. I didn't bother to thank him. I quickly trotted towards where (First name) is.

"(First name)."
"H-Hanamiya! What are you doing here?"

"What do you think you're doing to this team!?" I yelled at her. She trembled a bit and that's something that made my heart clench in pain.

"I-I..." She couldn't continue anymore. I asked more questions.

~Your POV~

"Why do you want to stay by my side (First name)!?" He yelled at you. You trembled slightly but you stood up and told him that you trust him.

"Why do you trust me so much!? Don't you see that you should not go near me!?" He said in frustration. You just smiled sadly and touched his cheek.

"I know who you are. I know what you've been through that's why I'm here to stay by your side." You said truthfully. He just hang his head but you suddenly felt your throat tightening. You felt his hands holding it.

"H-Hanamiya." Darkness clouded your vision until you couldn't see anymore. Your body limped off and it brought Hanamiya back to his senses.

"(F-First name)!? Oi!" He said but you didn't wake up. It scared him until a member of the first string saw this.

"What happened here!?"
"Call the ambulance!" The first string he saw quickly called the ambulance and soon, it reached the school.

While you were being taken by them, Hanamiya stood there frozen. Momo, on the other hand, went to him with sad and knowing look. She gave him the paper.

"What is this?" He asked silently. She shrugged her shoulder.

"I don't know. (First name) told me not to open it nor let the others touch it and read it. She said to give it only to you if something like this happens." With that said, Momo left to go to you.

Once she left, Hanamiya opened the letter and saw something unexpected.

Inside was a picture of the two of you when you were still in elementary. Both of you were smiling and brought good memories to the bad boy.

"I'd love to see you smile genuinely again Mako. ~(First name)"

=END=