Promise that doesn't need any words- Mitobe Rinnosuke

"Rin!" You shouted as you walked down the corridor to greet the raven-haired teen. He looked back and waved at you. What puzzled you this time was that it seemed like Shinji was not with him.

"Hmm? That's odd. I thought you're always with Shinji." You muttered. Mitobe just used sign language.

"....."
"You mean he's excused because they had some problem at home?" You figured immediately. He nodded. Both of you were seat mates so you quickly sat down and talked about things like homework, your mom and of course the basketball team. Though he just used sign language, you were always able to understand him.

"I promise."

"Nnggh. Ouch my head." You said as you clutched your head tightly and you suddenly felt dizzy. Mitobe looked at you concerned. You just smiled it away and continued to talk about the class and your household. Mitobe just nodded at your stories and though you know that he couldn't talk, you still wished that he does.

*Ding dong ding dong*

"Okay class. Good morning. Our lesson for today is..." The teacher continued as you stared at the board blankly. Soon, your head started to ache again.

"Mmggh." It was too intense that you ended up catching the attention of your seat mate. He called the teacher and said that you don't look so well.

"(Last name)-san? You okay?" The teacher asked.
"...." You couldn't answer only just sway of your head indicating no. Mitobe stood up and walked to you. He looked at the teacher trying to tell him that he's the one who's going to send you to the clinic.

"Mitobe-kun, please take her to the clinic."

Once you were out of the classroom, you were having quiet a panic attack. You didn't know why your head suddenly hurt but you could assure the others that it felt like hell.

"...." You looked at Mitobe. You managed to send him a weak smile but it still worried him. While walking towards the clinic, an unexpected event happened. The window broke into millions of pieces and a baseball hit you square in the head. The impact was serious and it left you unmoving while Mitobe just got a few scratch and scars.

"...." He looked frantically for you until he saw your unconscious form on the ground with blood dripping from your head. He scooped you up and ran towards the clinic.

"...oc!....Do...!"

"Hmm?" The female doctor peeked from the curtains and when she saw your bloody state, she told Mitobe to put you on the bed. She tended to your wounds while Mitobe looked so worried.

"Don't worry. She'll be fine. How about your wounds?"
"...."
"Oh you can't speak? From what I can see, you've bandaged them up real good. It's good that you've gotten her here. What happened anyway?" The doctor asked. Mitobe grabbed a paper and pen then wrote what happened.

"That's nasty. I'll report it right away. For now, please take a look at her and change your bandages if needed." Mitobe nodded and studied your wounded face. He held your hand securely.

'Please be alright.'

~After an hour~

You stirred from your sleep until you felt someone hold your hand. You were shocked for a moment trying to remember what happened but all of your memories were a bit fuzzy.

'Who is he? And what am I doing here?'

Mitobe felt you stir so he quickly woke up to check up on you. You wore a confused expression and decided to ask him. He was shocked with your memory loss and decided to speak.

"...."
"Umm... I don't understand so much but I get that there was an incident then you brought me here. What's your name?"
"...." He showed you his I.D. and some memory sorta rang in your mind. The raven haired called back the doctor and said that you have slight amnesia. On the contrary, she said that you'll retrieve it in no time.

"I hope so."
"...." He said. You smiled bashfully and that made him do the same.

~The Next Day~

You were able to retrieve some of your memories like your parents, your classmates, school and the club specifically basketball. There was just something that bothered you though. You couldn't remember the Raven haired guy who helped you.

"...."
"Ah! M-Mitobe right? Have we met before?" You asked. He smiled sadly and nodded. You felt a bit sad that he's the only one you couldn't remember. He saw this and patted your head then he invited you to a game.

"..."
"Basketball game? Really!? I'll watch!" You gleefully said.

~At the basketball game~

'This feels nostalgic somehow. Wonder why?' You thought as you entered the stadium where you learned that it will be Touo vs Seirin. A rematch that is.

While watching the game, it made your heart soar seeing Mitobe play. Then a memory came to you. It was the younger version of you and a Raven haired guy. By looking closely, he resembled Mitobe.

'Could it be?' Then with Mitobe's shot, memories of him flooded your mind that made you stumble a bit while standing. 'I finally remember all!'

~After the game~

"Mitobe!" You ran to him and asked Hyuuga if you could pull him out for a bit.

"Your game was totally intense and congratulations! You won!"
"...." He smiled then looked at you confused.
"Well, I don't know if it's important but... Rin, I remember." You said. Shock was written all over his face until he hugged you tightly which made you giggle a little.

"Hahaha! I'm glad that I finally remember everything now."

Suddenly, Mitobe whispered to you.

"I'm glad as well. I loved it everytime you speak to me." He kissed your cheeks and pulled away. You stood there too stunned to say anything. Then within a minute, you slap him in the back hard.

"I didn't know you could talk! Ugh! And... I like you very m—"
"Be mine." He whispered. You looked at him with a full face blush. You nodded slowly and tiptoed to kiss his nose but instead, he captured your lips in a passionate kiss.

"I promised you that I'll be by your side forever. No matter what."

=END=