Hopeless-Izuki Shun

I watched them practice secretly on the sides as he shouted orders to his team against Hyuuga's own. They were working so hard for the Summer Tournament. I smiled lightly at their hardworking.

"They sure work hard." Suddenly, I felt my phone buzz. I opened it and noticed that it was Riko. I could feel her looking at me and when I did, she was watching me with a knowing look. Seirin never knew that I was watching them secretly. I struck my tongue out at her and waved off some papers. The ones I'm holding are the strategies she left at my house after we made it during the weekends. I partly help this team when I have time from my other club activities.

I walked down and went to Riko. Seirin paused for a while and greeted me. I smiled at them and waved a little. He looked you and smiled which made you flustered. Riko saw this and she cheekily grinned at me. I glared at her and gave her the papers.

"Can I watch you guys practice?"
"Of course (Last name)."

I sat down Riko and watched them. I did it anyways since their practice is about to end after 5 minutes. After they were done, Izuki insisted on taking me home.

"So when is your next game Izuki?"
"Two weeks from now. We're gonna have a game with Shutoku."
"Heh~ They had new members from what I heard. Wait, it's...Yuji Miyaji and the brother of Kinura-san."

He nodded and told me their expectations with the game. I also heard a bit of news about Kiyoshi's health. He was going to have his surgery the day after tomorrow. It was a good news. While walking, I wanted to ask him if he's interested on somebody right now but that would come out weird. I don't know what to do!

"(Last Name)? Are you alright?"
"Huh? Y-Yeah! I'm fine! Hahahah!" He nodded slightly but I'm pretty sure that he was not convinced. We stopped by the Maji Burger and bought burger and milkshake. Not really a date okay? Just simple snack.

"So how are your club activities (Last name)?"
"Pretty much tiring. I had to help the tennis club and being part of the student council is hell." I slumped down the table while he laughed at my misery. I joined him and it felt good to release some stress. Not long after, we decided to go home. He sent me home and I bade him goodnight.

"Night Izuki. Be careful on the way home."
"See you tomorrow."

Well, I'm a pretty hopeless romantic! Sigh. I went upstairs and did my homework. I thanked my teachers for not being heartless today. The next day, I huffed on my seat as I listened to the teachers. Suddenly, I was poked by a pen behind me and I looked behind. Izuki was grinning at me. Well, we both kinda spaced out and just talked by passing papers. The teacher didn't notice it though. He was too busy writing in the board. Not long after, lunch came and I was about to go and eat on the rooftop when I saw Izuki talking to Kaname. She was a very kind and beautiful girl. They were both laughing and it hurt me to see them getting too close. I sighed and went out anyways. Once I was on the rooftop, I ate quietly but what surprised me was that somebody was there as well. I looked up and saw the silent player smiling at me.

"Hello. You wanna eat here too?" He nodded and sat down. I was upset and kinda talked a lot. I was telling him my stories and I don't know why but I feel so easy being with him. He finally knew that I had a crush on Izuki and I pleaded him not to tell it to anybody. He smiled and patted my head. It was a simple caring gesture but it made my heart swell. 'Ugh! Stop thinking like that (First name)! You're in love with Izuki not him. Right?'

After class, I went to watch their practice again and I decided to be bold today. I want to know and it's been so long. I was with Riko and she was asking me if I ever plan on confessing. I told her that I will be doing it today. She was shocked but supported me nonetheless.

"Go for it (Last name)!"
"Thanks! I'm very nervous actually."
"Don't be! I bet Izuki-kun had been in love with you."
"Hehehehe. Don't say such things Riko."

I noticed Mitobe coming up to me with a plate of honey soaked lemons. He was kind enough to offer me some so I grabbed one.

"Thank you Mitobe!" I smiled. He gave me a small smile but there was something that didn't go past Riko's scrutinizing eyes. She saw the silent player blushed but didn't mention it to me.

"Mitobe sure is kind to you huh? He was always smiling at you and offers you some of his homemade cooking."
"Hmm? Doesn't he also do that with you?"
"Not really but he seems to give you more attention."
"Where is this talk going Riko?"
"Don't you think he likes you?"

I smiled bitterly and told her that it was impossible considering that he seemed to treat me like a little sister. She insisted though and that made me feel more confuse. I shook my head and focused on my confession to Izuki. It was time and we were walking home. I tried to lighten up the mood but still went straight.

"Izuki? There's something I have to tell you."
"Hmm? What is it?"
"I... I like you! Please go out with me." I huffed. I said it. I looked at him but he avoided my gaze and said, "I'm sorry (Last name) but I like someone else." I laughed lightly and told him that I just wanted to tell him that. When we rounded up the corner, I told him to go without me since I need to go somewhere. Yeah, right. I just went towards the playground near the area and cried to myself. I don't know until what time I've been there but I could feel myself grow cold. That was when I feel someone patting my head. I looked up and saw Mitobe. He wiped my tears and asked me what was wrong by tilting his head. I laughed lightly and told him everything. I leaned on his shoulders as I cried again then he did something unexpected. He spoke but it was more like a whisper.

"I like you but will you let me stay by your side while you're moving on?" I looked at him shocked. He just smiled and put a finger on his lips. I giggled and hugged him.

"Thank you Mitobe."

=END=